Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renudraman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 07:26 AM
    Accounting Journal Entry
    Hi,

Kindly let me know the journal entry required to pass in case of the below scenario. I know this is simple but wanted a clarification.

What entry would be passed in case an invoice is paid against a particular purchase order for the purchases made for 500$.
    ronaldhyd Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 12:11 AM
    Accounts payable A/c Dr.
    To Bank A/c Cr.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 01:46 AM

That depends. Was the invoice ever charged and put into payables to begin with? If so, then yes you debit payables. If not, then it needs charged to an appropriate expense account or asset account, or whatever it is the purchase order is for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting.journal entry [ 9 Answers ]

I need to make the following journal entry, how would I go about doing it? Thanks! My company borrowed cash from a bank, 500,000 with an interest rate of 6% not due in 4 years.

Accounting Journal Entry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the journal entry for received a check no. 656 from Satin Shoes Inc. customer number 1584, for $2545. The invoice number is 2221, and a sales discount of $50 was taken.

Accounting General Journal Entry [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Janis. I would like to know I need to Journalize Transaction for May. I have a net income from April, do I enter the net income as my first transaction for May as cash debit and capital credit. Thanks, Janis

Journal entry for Accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Interest earned on saving account, but not recorded what is the journal entry

Job Cost Accounting Journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to fiquire out how to journalize an entry. Here is the scenario: 1) Purchase Materials for a job $1000 And the second scenario: 1) Received downpayment from a client for $4000 for a job Both entries were captured in another quickbooks account and need to be brought over to the...

View more questions Search