Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkblb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Using a rinse over permanent colored hair
    Is it safe to use a rinse over hair that is already colored with permanent color, and will it damage my hair if I do?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 12:36 PM

The real question is, "what is your definition of a 'rinse'". Many people consider a hair dye a "rinse".

If a rinse is something like Roux Fanci-Ful rinse then it's fine. You can use that as often as you like. Other truly temporary rinses (those that shampoo out with each shampoo) can also be used. If you wish to use a semi-permanent or demi-permanent, then we need to talk some more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

Black hair to colored hair [ 4 Answers ]

My hair color is naturally black but I colored my hair brown and with some highlights,for like a year,then after I wanted to go back to black hair so I dyed my hair all black. Now I want to dye it light golden brown and I did but only my roots showed up the golden brown,and the rest is stilll...

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Hair colored (permanent) twice - will the first color applied be back after washes? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently went for permanent hair color (streaks) from my natural color black to burgundy. When the stylist applied the color on my hair, it initially gave a golden brown shade when the hair was washed. Then she applied the color again which resulted in the Red shade. Finally, I could...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search