Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beth Skoglund Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Looking for older Time Travel movie title
    I'm looking for a movie I watched on TV about 30 years ago. It's about a man that finds a way to time-travel back about 100 years. He meets a woman and starts talking to her about what's happened to him. I remember at one point, he hides a special key (it was ornate and unique) in a secret compartment in a drawer in her home. They fall in love.

I seem to remember that when he first went back to the past, he was trying desperately to get back to the 'present'... but after he met that woman, he had made up his mind he didn't want to leave her or go back. One night, when they were saying goodby on her doorstep, there was a thunder storm and he was dramatically brought back to the future on her doorstep. I remember that he went back to that woman's home and found that old table and that key was still hidden in it... all old and dusty... he was the last one to touch it 100 years before... and he lost the woman he loved... HELP ME FIND THE TITLE!
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

May 6, 2009, 11:54 PM
    It sounds very similar to this one, from 1980?

Somewhere in Time Synopsis
    Beth Skoglund Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchcarrot View Post
    It sounds very similar to this one, from 1980?

Somewhere in Time Synopsis
    Yeah... sounds kind of like that one but it isn't. My movie was older... from between 40's to early 60's I believe... I think it was black and white.
    hermanpeabody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2012, 11:07 PM
    Was it black and white movie - did it start with the man being hit by lightning at the front of the home and waking up inside seemingly disoriented - falls in love -recognizes a desk in the house - he and the female lead leave a note - he somehow returns to the former time and finds the note in the hidden compartment
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hermanpeabody View Post
    was it black and white movie - did it start with the man being hit by lightning at the front of the home and waking up inside seemingly disoriented - falls in love -recognizes a desk in the house - he and the female lead leave a note - he somehow returns to the former time and finds the note in the hidden compartment
    Sounds like I'll Never Forget You - Wikipedia
    I'll Never Forget You
    hermanpeabody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 12:10 PM
    F Quinn - that was it - thanks from a movie junkie
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Glad to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find a time travel movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember seeing this movie I think it was in the 80s, the movie starts in the 1940s where two men are on a navy ship where the ship has a time travel device on it and the I think the ship gets hit and these two men jump off it and end up in the present day. Dose anyone know what the movies...

Title of movie unknown - regarding Time Travel [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the title of a movie - a couple exchanges letters from turn of the century America - possibly Civil War times where the girl is living, and she places her letters in the desk drawer. Every time the man who lives in the future opens his desk drawer, he receives her letter. Who...

Movie title? Roll top desk,causing time travel [ 1 Answers ]

Movie kind of like lake house but it is a roll top desk in which a man and woman communicate with letters through the desk. Not sure when movie was made.

Need name of old time travel movie from 80s [ 3 Answers ]

I used to own this movie, but it has escaped my ownership and it's killing me that I can't remember the name of it. I'd really like to own it again. I think it may have been a TV movie, but I'm pretty sure its not. It also may be a disney, not I'm not sure on that either. It is a movie about a...

View more questions Search