Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhannahjayne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 11:14 AM
    My hair was supposed to be medium auburn and it turned out a purple shade, what to do?
    I just dyed my hair medium auburn and it turned out a purple shade. How do I lighten it up without damaging my hair? Its way darker than the box showed and definitely not medium auburn. :confused:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 11:23 AM

The color on the box is only in indication.
    I have never had my hair turn out the same shade as they said it would.

You need to get a color stripper or head off to your local salon if you want the color removed (this can be damaging to your hair)
    Or dye it a darker color or add bleachd highlights.

Even dying damages your hair over time.

If you do use any of these methods, condition condition condition :)
    Laina1312 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2009, 04:16 AM
    I'd totally try like color oops or something similar to just get rid of it completely and start over with a clean slate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair turned purple! [ 4 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dishwater blonde For the past 4 months I have been bleaching my hair It becomes almost white when I do I decided to go a darker shade of blonde So I used a Garnier product in an Ash blonde shade Now I have lavender streaks in my hair I have been wanting to dye my hair...

My hair turned purple! [ 3 Answers ]

I have dyed blonde hair and I bought semi-permanent hair color to try to dye my hair black. It came out purple with grey. I've been washing my hair like crazy but it doesn't really come out! What should I do? HELP!

Dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do

3 days after hair color change blonde turned purple [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend had her (originally) brown hair changed to blonde by a stylist. She does this on a regular basis so she was just trying to have the roots and overall color updated. 3 days later after a shower and blowdry purple streaks appeared. Any thoughts?

How do I get red of medium auburn hair color [ 1 Answers ]

hey, My real hair color is medium brown.Well i thought i'd change it up a bit .so i went to the hairdresser lady and asked folightbrown hair with dark blnde highlights.:) it turned out pretty on the bottom tips of my hair but on my roots and top of my hair it wus giving of a medum/light auburn...

View more questions Search