Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GuyWhoLovesLife Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Is it One Sided Love or a Great Friendship
    I know this girl as a friend since the past 19 months.. also my colleague in office.. she is a very sweet friend... know all about her.. her life.. her BF and how happy she is with him.. nice Guy.. inspite of knowing all this... still I feel like I have fallen in love with her.. love to be with her.. listen to her.. speak to her.. the worst part... not physically attracted.. its emotional... affecting me personally and professionally... and I also know after a year she is not going to be here.. she will marry and go far away.. leave office.. even the city...

Not able 2 understand.. shud I enjoy this moments with her... and risk getting 2 close to her.. or should I Get away.. really confused sometimes.. I think I love her... but also think and pray that the other guy does not ditch her.else she will break completely...

Just I'm not able 2 decide... shud I b with her and njoy this moments.. which I find so beautiful... but doing that will get me 2 close.. and her departure will hurt me even more... or distance myself... What should I do?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 10:51 AM

You should back away.

I think you are bored or have a void that needs to be filled and this helps put something in you mind to fill that void. You are not in love with her, but rather the idea of being in love with her. It's great for you because you can experience the emotional side of love, without the work and time of an actual relationship. But to get over it, you have to treat it like real love and back away and find other things to do.

May 2, 2009, 11:01 AM
    You maybe you are rite.. maybe I'm not in love.. but as far as other things go.. I have a lot to do.. and its not like filling the void.. its that.. whether I back off or njoy the moments.. as getting 2 close might make it a lot more difficult for me.. and also I'm njoyin it so much rite now.. tht I don't feel like backin off
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 12:42 PM

Don't panic, just keep being her friend the same as always, but balance your life with other things besides her. I think your just having a hard time facing the fact she will be leaving soon, which is sad, but understandable.

May 2, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Don't panic, just keep being her friend the same as always, but balance your life with other things besides her. I think your just having a hard time facing the fact she will be leaving soon, which is sad, but understandable.

Thanks a Lot for yr reply.. Maybe you are rite... I should Continue my beautiful frendshp with her but at the same Time conc on other great things as well... Its that the pain is that I'm going 2 lose her is killing me... its sad.. but as you said its fine... Thnx a ton... will try for sure to get Through this.. Thnx again for replying
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 3, 2009, 07:05 AM

Please give me a break with this chat/text speak, as complete sentences and good spelling is a better way to communicate.

May 3, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Please give me a break with this chat/text speak, as complete sentences and good spelling is a better way to communicate.

Really Really sorry for that.. seems like the SMS language has really taken its toll on me..
    But surely will take care in the near Future.
    Thanks a ton for your advice but

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get over my One sided love? [ 33 Answers ]

.... and we were in primary school together... we met last year in a reunion.. I tried to show him I'm intrested in many ways, my own ways, I was very supportive, I knew he got that band, I showed up in his concerts. he even thought of making an event organizing company I suppported him and we...

One sided love [ 10 Answers ]

Threads merged and edited Hi all I really love one girl for past one year 3 months back I came to know she had a boyfriend, from that time I am in touch with her in any way.from three months I am tryiing to forget her ,but she stilll runs in my mind .I know she used me and she is of not high...

One sided love... really need help! [ 54 Answers ]

Hello all, I am a new member of this community . I had come across this community while looking for the answer to my questions.Well to state my problem... I have become a hapless victim of one sided love.The girl I love is already committed to someone else.I love her passionately... its been a...

One sided love. [ 1 Answers ]

Edited for some lousy spelling I am deeply sad.. I'm depressed.. I live in sorrow... I'm 17 yrs old.. the only reason I'm writing here is because I don't have friends to talk to... I think I'm deeply in love with someone who I think doesn't love me back.. he's my classmate. But for some reason...

One Sided Love [ 2 Answers ]

I knew him as a friend and colleague and I didn't know when I fell in love with him. I always felt he liked me and we were friends for the last 2 and half years or so... then I proposed him and he said me that he had fallen in love with someone else and he did not treat me more than a friend and...

View more questions Search