Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johndoe101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Can I sue my landlord
    I fell on my wooden steps their is no co on the place at all I was walking and the steps came out I fell I was houlding a 1 year old babby that is okbut I'm still in a lot of pain
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 05:47 PM

Hello john:

Sure you can sue. Go visit a lawyer tomorrow.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 1, 2009, 05:50 PM

If you can prove the landlord knew there was a problem with the stairs and did nothing about it, then you have case. Otherwise probably not.

You should, however, file a claim with the LL's insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord law [ 4 Answers ]

Can a landlord be held responsible for a tenants actions?

Dealing with a landlord that's never been a Landlord [ 15 Answers ]

I have had numerous landlords in my lifetime with all of them the same. They abide by the laws for tenant and landlord. Especially when they have a tenant that pays on time and respects their property. I am currently renting from a landlord that has never been a landlord and seems to think that...

Landlord [ 7 Answers ]

I have tennants where there tennancy ended on September 30th. They gave me the keys back on Tues morning and asking to have the rest of the afternoon to finish moving their stuff. They left me a note saying they would get the rest today with a big truck. As of today its still the same. I have a new...

My landlord [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out what the tenant-landlord laws are. I pay 900.00 a month for a house that our A/C is constantly broken, I have a 2 year old and pregnant. My landlord makes us wait for weeks and weeks to get A/C repairs, plumbing repairs, our oven replced because it broke, our windows are not...

My Landlord and I [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Elizabeth I Live In Brooklyn N.y. Im Trying To Get Some Answerd I Move To A Apartment On February 11, 2007 The Rent Was $1,400 Every Month My Rent Is Due On The 11th Of Each Mont This What Happen I Spocked With My Land Lord On March 2007 That My Husben Was Sick The Doctors...

View more questions Search