Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BibleBlvr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Can a high acid ph balance effect getting pregnant?
    I am a 23 year old healthy female who got married 9 months ago. My husband and I have been having some issues with me burning him, or causing chemical burn-like rashes on him. I've always had a pretty high acidic level since puberty. Before me and my husband engage in sex I have to drink plenty of water, and I know this sounds weird, but I eat an orange or grapefruit or peas to raise my alkaline level. This seems to help but my greatest concern is will this very high ph balance effect my getting pregnant? I've been checked out by the Gyn before and she told me all my hormones are level and normal. I also have the problem with tarnishing metals very quickly and breaking watches then I wear them for more than a week. They will suddenly stop working. I heard this is also a sign of high acidic levels. The plus side of this problem is that I never get vaginal infections, and I have never had a yeast infection. I guess any bacteria get burned! I'm just hoping this problem will burn any sperm trying to get to their destination.
    BibleBlvr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 09:10 AM

Oops, I meant that I hope those poor "swimmers" WON'T get burned up before they reach their destination!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 09:36 AM

Here are some causes of high vaginal pH:

*Increased Vaginal pH Causes (pH >4.5)
    I. Non-infectious Causes
    A. Menses
    B. Cervical Mucus increased (e.g. Ovulation)
    C. Semen in vagina following intercourse
    D. Rupture of Membranes in pregnancy
    E. Estrogen deficiency (Hypoestrogenism) *this can be related to peri-menopause
    II. Infectious Causes
    A. Trichomoniasis
    B. Bacterial Vaginosis
    C. Infection associated with Retained Foreign Body
    III.Rare Infectious Causes
    A. Group A Streptococcal Vaginitis
    B. Inflammatory Vaginitis with Desquamation

A high PH balance won't prevent pregnancy. There may be another reason you are not getting pregnant.
    heather_a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 12:56 PM
    I ONLY have this problem when I'm pregnant. If anyone has tips on how to balance pH down there, it would be greatly appreciated!
    freethinkermama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 12:39 PM
    I did one thing different for this month and got pregnant. I drank about 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each morning after a small bite of food. I read online that apple cider vinegar balances your PH. Try it, it can't hurt.
    teeny145 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Black cherry juice can help lower your ph, and it is low in calories.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

401k Loan Balance - Leaving Current Job - tax effect [ 9 Answers ]

If I currently have a 401k loan for $9000 but am terminating employment and rolling over to a new company, what are my approximate tax implications? My current 401k balance $136k, salary is 70k (married, single income household). 10% penalty for early withdrawal to payoff balance.

Does kojic acid have side effect? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking of buying Diana Stadler creams and soaps.ive seen on this forum that many persons seems satisfied with it. I was just thinking is Kojic Acid natural?can it be compared to hydraquinone? And when you stop using kojic acid are there side effects?like skin becoming more darker,spots...

Effect of high rise buildings on earths rotation [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any effect on the earths rotation due to increase in the number of high rise building reaching to heights of nearly a mile. Especially if they are concentrated in some cities like Manhattan or Dubai.

High Folic acid during pregnancy ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, Today , I bought a prenatal vitamin which contain 1 mg of Folic acid (1000 mcg)... Is it proper.. Again it is having Selenium of 20mcg, manganese 2 mg, chromium 120 mcg... please tell is this proper level.. I am confused different comments in internet... Please help me as soon...

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search