Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turbomustang Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Truck Driving with recent misdemeanor
    I was reading over some of the threads about people trying to find jobs with felonies in their past, but haven't had much luck trying to find threads about people with misdemeanors. This is my situation. I got my license back in '04 (insert rookie jokes here) Been driving northeast regional, and NYC, Long Island, etc, etc, ever since. Back in Jan 08 I was involved in a bar fight which resulted in me getting a misdemeanor and 1 year probation. Not to mention loss of my 'cushy' job when the office read about me in the arrest section in the newspaper on Monday morning. I have been going through hell trying to get a job ever since. Well, the probation is done, fines are paid but the jobs are non existent. I had a job moving around construction equipment on landoll's and drop decks and driving tri axle dump trucks for a local company. They just closed the doors 2 days ago, and I have a feeling I'm in some pretty deep **** once my bills start coming in. Long story short, does anyone know of any companies that will hire someone in my situation, don't really look at criminal backgrounds, or if I should just lie on the application where it asks me these questions. I have heard stories about PTL not looking too much at your criminal background as long as you don't mention anything. Are there such things as 'don't ask, don't tell' companies when it comes to misdemeanors? Thanks, and I look forward to reading your smart a** coments. AAnd also the serious ones that actually try to help a fella out.

Stay safe.
    bryonjones2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 10:46 AM
    I would call a attorney and found out when you can have your case files sealed. When you do this you have to qualify first, I mean what ever your state law says about sealing your case files. So let say everything goes well and the courts approve then you can say no when ask on the a application. Because when they go and check it won't be there. I spoke with my attorney and I am having it done. I hope and pray that I qualify, good luck to who ever reads this and is giong through it.
    SparcoT Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Some carriers are going to have a tough time with the conviction. >bryonjones2 had a good idea. Once its expunged its expunged. Check out National Truck Driving Jobs or big carriers like Con-Way and CR England

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Truck driving [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get into truck driving but I have a Felony on my record. Can someone tell me if there is a school that will Take me in or a company that will take a chance on Me HELP!! :( :( :(

Recent possibly foreign action or sci fi with cars driving on walls. [ 4 Answers ]

A few months up to a year and a half ago, I saw a trailer or clip from a movie with cars driving on the sides of buildings. Not speedracer, but defying gravity like that. The windows of the building are shattering as the car or cars are driving over them. It reminded me of the Matrix and had very...

? About getting a cdl truck driving job. [ 3 Answers ]

I have 4 dui's. I got the last one 14 years ago. Will any company hire me to drive requiring commercial drivers license.

View more questions Search