Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybluestar View Post
    No. I'm not taking any pills. I just need results fast. I'm filming a movie in july and I want to look perfect. I just got out of the shower and my arms are flacky and peeling. I guess that means my little homemade mix is working. What products do you use to help remove the dead skin?f
    Cherryblue, so what is your homemade mix?
    yesitslee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 05:14 PM

Did the mixing recipe work for anyone?
    yesitslee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2010, 05:24 PM

Anybody know the correct mixing formula for the hydroquinone crystals/powder?
    jasmynn Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2010, 06:00 PM
    There's a post somewhere that explains how to mix it. It's called kligmans formula, do a search on this site and you'll find it.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2010, 06:26 PM
    I had written a few posts for the Kligman's Hq Formula, can be found just type the name in the search box. But it is only for 5%, you'll have to divide the quantity. Remember Hq oxidizes very quickly due to air and light because of it's instability.
    JiannaVIP Posts: 30, Reputation: 6

Jan 7, 2011, 02:23 PM
    Comment on Hellosunshine's post
    Where's your proof? I have been using hq for a while and am perfectly healthy and my skin if nice & smooth. Not to mention,I know of the FEW studies that were done and NONE of them conclusively said hq causes cancer.

Jan 7, 2011, 02:24 PM
    Comment on PunkChic's post
    Where's your proof? I have been using hq for a while and am perfectly healthy and my skin if nice & smooth. Not to mention,I know of the FEW studies that were done and NONE of them conclusively said hq causes cancer.

Jan 7, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Kojic acid can be VERY irritating to skin which is why the maximum recommend dose is only 2%. While hq can be used up to 4% and higher. Also, after repeated use kojic acid sensitizes skin.

Jan 7, 2011, 02:30 PM
    It's banned because people in your country (and others) have abused it & added mercury to the mix. And sometimes not hq at all just mercury but still list it as just hq cream.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 8, 2011, 11:30 AM

Why have we resurrected a thread from 2009?

Jan 8, 2011, 12:20 PM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Because obviously someone is interested in the topic & needs help pertaining to it. It doesn't matter what year the thread was started.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 10:01 AM

Then they should start their own question, rather than resurrecting an old question.

I usually catch this right after the thread's been resurrected, but in this case I was busy doing homework and completely missed it. I'll let this one go, but usually we should report resurrected threads so that the new question can be moved to its own question, rather than being piggybacked on someone else's question.

Jan 9, 2011, 07:21 PM
    Comment on Synnen's post
    Who are you tell anyone what to do?OMG@You explaining why you "missed it"Are you the forum gate keeper?How pathetic,one of those forum wierdo's who feel it's their duty to"watch over"stuff.Get a life! I'm done with this topic *notificationOFF*
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:34 PM

Jianna, YES, I AM the forum gatekeeper!

See that little red line in my signature that says "AMHD Supermod"? That DOES mean I can tell you what's okay to do and not to do in the threads.

Taking your notification off--fine. You'll see me in other threads. Because I MODERATE them. That means that I make sure they follow rules, that people aren't advertising, that people aren't resurrecting threads that are almost 2 years old.

If you have a problem with that, report me.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:35 PM
    thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search