Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canbepleasant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Do I have to pay this old Debt?
    My husband and I received 1 bill from a neighborhood action group. 4 years after we to withdrawl from the group.We didm't use anything they offerd.Also 25 years before my husband also belonged to this club and dropped it again. 25 years later they send him a bill. Plus interest no word has been heard before this. The first bill we hadn't heard from them in4 years.Do I have to pay this?? :mad: LOVE THY NEIGHBOR:confused: NOT:cool:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 10:54 PM
    25 years - SOL has expired. You don't have to pay.

4 years - SOL may/may not be expired, where do you live?

More info please on the 4 yr debt… did you sign up and agree to pay this debt? Or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt [ 2 Answers ]

How Many Years :( Is It Before Your Creditors Can't Chase You Anymore For Bad Debt

Debt I don't owe [ 7 Answers ]

I am being harassed by a collection agency for money that I don't owe. I live in Canada and I was a customer for over 18 years to a well-known "club" that sells music and dvds. I always paid my bills. I was told that I owed them 6.80 (04/18/04) for a dvd. (Apparently, they figured I paid for...

Debt [ 4 Answers ]

I am 80 y/o with $50000 in credit card debt. I only get $800 social security a month. I am robbing Peter to pay Pay. My health is not well and this adds to my stress. I don't own a home, I live my daughter and her daughter. I have bought a used car in the past year and I am making those payments...

His debt or Ours? [ 2 Answers ]

Prior to getting married, "Dave", bought a house in Missouri. Then we got married in Missouri and have since relocated to Louisiana. If we quit paying on the loan -- will that go against my credit rating or just Dave's?

Old debt [ 1 Answers ]

I had an old credit card debt from 1999, someone apparently bought my debt and now is suing me in county court what can I do am I legally bound to pay this I am not even sure that I paid it before

View more questions Search