Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMIELGRANT Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2004, 07:53 PM
    Xp hangs when playing games
    Im using XP, 40gb hardisk, 128 ram asus board , every time I play Battle Realms in the middle of the game my PC hangs and I get a message "microsoft just resolve a serious problem, would you like to send the problem".
    By the way the hardrive is partitioned and drive c: has 120 mb drivespace left , does this has to do with the problem?
    My Pc hangs then reboots.Please help me!! :'(
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 16, 2004, 10:51 PM
    Xp hangs when playing games
    By the way the hardrive is partitioned and drive c: has 120 mb drivespace left , does this has to do with the problem?
    Probably. With 128 MB of RAM, you probably have to make liberal use of swapspace while playing games. Your swapfile will have an upper limit of 120 MB -- when that limit is hit, either your OS will lock up, or it will start killing off processes.

You need to free up space on your windows partition or relocate your swapfile to a different partition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this guy playing games w/ me? [ 5 Answers ]

all right me and this guy met on a family trip. Exchanged numbers and started talking. In the beginning he told me he didn't want a relationship. I did. He told me he wanted to be "friends w/ benefits." I agreed. The idea didn't seem too harmful, hooking up w/ a hot guy no strings attached? We only...

The games he's playing [ 3 Answers ]

Dear experts, Okay, here's the skeeze... this guy that I have been friends with for five or six years is everything I thought I needed in every other man I'd dated. He's smart, career driven, athletic, and above all, he's very nice, honest, and very sweet. And he's also got the face of an...

PC hangs due to DVD playing! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All of you.. Well I'm kind of freaked out due to this hanging of my PC whenever I do play a DVD on my SONY COMBO ( DVD + Writer ). I have tried different softwares like " Cyberlink PowerDvD , NVidia Player , Windows Media Player 8, Real One Player V 2.0 " but of no use. Each software plays...

Pc hangs in between games [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I've an 860 mhz, celeron PC, with 128 mb ram. I ve got hw accelerator card.I had loaded a Prince of Persia 3d game in my PC. It ran very well in the beginning. But all of sudden PC started hanging in between games. Now this habbit has grown so strong that now even the dos version of it hangs...

Playing 95 games on xp [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to play a game for windows 95 on windows xp . I have been doing what help has told me with no success... insert disc,close window,start,my computer,click game icon,cd rom right click auto run ,select properties,select compatibility tab for 95 After all this i get a message...

View more questions Search