Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salsamom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 07:51 PM
    I am living romeo and juliet!
    I am a 22 year old mother of a 2 year old and I live with my mother. I just started dating my daughter's dad again about 4 months ago. We loved each other before and really we never stopped loving each other but my mother told me that in order for me to live with her (she's helping me a lot) I could not date him anymore. She does not know that we are together but we want to get married. How do I tell my mom about our feelings for each other without breaking her heart? She has never even spent much time with him so she doesn't know him but she calls him dum dum and talks bad about him all the time so I know that she doesn't approve of us being together yet she doesn't want to get to know him. HELP!
    PVRao Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Apr 29, 2009, 04:19 AM

Emotions is the key to any heart,,

Your mom mite be calling him dum dum but surely she loves his daughter,, make your mom feel that your daughter needs her father, let her know what your daughter is missing in life,,
    Talk about him with your mom,, not suddenly, but slowly,, take your time, let her know you love each other, at the same time, let her know you love her,, say he is committed,, give her a chance to know him,, make her go out with him alone, let him tell your mom that he loves u,,
    Take everything slowly,,
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 04:37 AM

It's odd that your mother thinks so poorly of him and even made you agree to stop seeing him before you moved in to her house.

I wonder what kind of things did you say to her about him that made of form the opinons she have about him. Why does she think he is bad for you?

Ultimately, you're an adult and have your own life to live and must learn from your own mistakes but a wise woman learn from other people mistakes.

Make should that your getting back with him for all the right reasons and don't let your feelings for him intefere with your common sense. You might have to find another place to live just in case your mom kicks you out but I hope you come and answer the questions I asked.
    salsamom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 04:41 PM

To liz28, Well, I have never said anything but nice things about him. She has a history of doing that with the guys that I date. The only reason that she has ever said that he wouldn't be good for me is that he is mexican and I am white and our culture's would clash, but I have lived with him and I have spent time with him as a person. I know that we work. I know that I love him. I never stopped loving him. I sometimes kick myself for moving home. She wouldn't even allow him to be there when I was having our baby. Thanks for your advice. It helps to know that I'm not completely crazy.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 29, 2009, 04:54 PM

It seems your mother is bent on skin color.
    If this is the case, she has the problem, not you. Share your feelings w/ her but only when you know for sure that getting back with him is right for you and your child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Romeo and Juliet [ 2 Answers ]

If you were to put on Romeo and Juliet with six actors, two female and four male, what characters would you keep and which would you lose?

Modern Day Romeo and Juliet [ 2 Answers ]

There is this guy that I like. I met him when he applied for a job where I work. After he was hired me and him had gotten cool. I started liking him, so I decided to tell my brother about him. Me and my brother are very close so I tell him everything. While telling my brother about him, he realized...

Name of anitmated romeo&juliet themed movie? [ 1 Answers ]

There was an animated movie of the 70's or 80's (I believe) that had a romeo and juliet theme to it. The boy was a water sprite, the son of a water god and the girl was a fairy of some sort. The boy couldn't be in the sun or he would die and the girl couldn't get in the water or she would die....

Fairy movie- romeo and juliet? [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching a film when I was young... it would have been in the 90s, and it had fairies in it. There were normal sized people too, but there were two fairy clans at war and the two main ones fell in love. It was really tragic because they had to kill themselves in the end by using a...

View more questions Search