Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    what2do27 Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Questions about Match.com or Online Dating
    SO I was helping my buddy start a profile (because he is single and wants to start dating) and I found a very beautiful girl off there who had an amazing profile. I made a profile this morning @ work, winked @ her and she emailed me. I emailed her back and we've been talking for a bit tonight?

Though My question is, how many of you have tried online dating?
    Also have any of you tried it after a break up (it's been over 2 months since I broke up with my ex.)
    Is this a good way to meet the "woman of your dreams?"
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Apr 28, 2009, 05:47 PM

I have used online dating. As long as you go in with an open mind and do not rush into things it can work OK. I exchanged a lot of emails but only met a few of the men. I was very honest on my profile and some of the people I met were not. I think it is a great way to meet people but just be careful and go slow.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 06:23 PM

I have heard people have good and bad experience but if anything it is learning experience. What's life without taking a chance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 06:49 PM

I used online dating a lot found my current "ex wife" that way,

What I have found, many photos are not real or years old, in some cases they are ones done at a glamor shot so they are not a every day look.

Many people , male or female are not honest and truthful.

And unless they live in the same town you have the long distance issue.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 10:53 AM

Just treat it like meeting a girl in a chat room. You can't believe everything that's on it. The best would be to meet up in person one day to see what the other person is really like. Then you can throw away all the impression you had of the other person online and can focus on real life.

It's just another way of getting contacts and meeting new people. At the end of the day, you will still need to find out what they are like in real life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online dating [ 20 Answers ]

I meet a guy on myspace and he told me I can come visit him in California whenever? Should I go for it ? I know he has 1 picture on his page... Is there any safety steps I should take... I will be staying at his house and he will pay for my ticket thanks

Online Dating [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience with online dating?  Does it work well?  In particular, has anyone tried www.online-dating-personals.com ? Thanks

Online dating [ 31 Answers ]

Anyone experience with meeting someone after talking to them for months? The aniticipation?

Dating online [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I "met" a man on a dating site a few months ago. We are a bit far from each other so we have not met yet. We are not kids anymore :) At the beginning he was too fast for me, sending tons of emails every day, then we started to communicate on the phone and webcam. But he disappeared...

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

View more questions Search