Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CCNoblett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Mbps info
    My desktop is saying I have 100.0 mbps speed, but my laptop (broadband wireless
    Between them and the internet) only connects at 6.0 mbps - what is wrong?
    Also, what is the difference between 1.5 mbps satellite dish and 100.0 mbps broadband?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 28, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Sounds about right, although the wireless report does seem on the very low side.
    What's your signal strength like?

These figures represent your computers connection to you broadband ROUTER and not the internet itself.
    You internet connection speed will be something else entirely.

You mention a 1.5 mbps sat connection, that sounds like you actual internet connections top speed.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 11:21 AM

The 100mbps is in reference to your NIC's attainable speed and the speed of transfer inside your LAN. This has nothing to do with the internet.

Your internet is probably 56k, 1.5 mb, 3 mb, 5mb, or 10mb. Maybe more maybe less! Who knows! But it's not 100 :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Rev War info [ 2 Answers ]

It possible can the answer with all your revalutionary war info

How to change 54.0 Mbps to 100.0 Mbps for my wireless laptop? [ 8 Answers ]

HI At my main desktop the speed is 100.0 Mbps but my wireless laptop its 54.0 Mbps they both use the same wireless modem but why is my wireless laptop speed is 54.0 Mbps can it be faster and change it too 100.0? Also if you guys know any tips how can I make my wireless laptop speed faster...

Confused about kb,kpbs,mb,mbps. [ 8 Answers ]

Dear All I do not know what does this mean. I am always confused in this and I really do not know about the basics of these things. I am working in a computer related Company but I tried a lot to learn about these but in vian. And did not Understand it so far. So I would appreciated a lot...

View more questions Search