Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiger2904 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 02:57 PM
    My cat has a cough
    I have a 2-year old male cale, with all shots, not neutured. He has been very healthy until now. He has developed a cough. I thought maybe it might be a hair ball because he had been licking his fur, it has been a week now and he is still coughing, acting like he has to throw up but doesn't. What can this be?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2006, 01:34 AM
    I think its wise you take your poorly cat to the vet and get it some medication!
    El Ricardo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Hello there,
    What could be happening to your cat is a hairball, it depends, if your cats head is low and is swallowing after each gag, it may be excess mucus. However, a cough can have many links ranging from temporary, to the start of a heart disease. Once again, if the head is low, it could be a sign of the parasite, round worm. Another conclusion (which is quite likely) is Asthma. Caused by an allergy to something outside the house or indoors, for example, carpets, air fresheners and so on. There could be something stuck in the throat or tonsillitis. If you cats fur goes dull or any symptoms that are listed above, please check into your local vet. This happened to my cat two and a half years ago and it turned out to be round worm.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 22, 2006, 04:53 PM
    I agree with everyone take your kitty to the vet. When we get calls like this it is very hard to diagnose over the phone. Could be hairball, worms, a virus, cold, allergies, or something stuck. Does he go outside? Some of the diseases cats can get like Rhino or Calci are airborne. Studies done at U.C Davis have shown techs can take them home up to a half hour after exposure to an ill cat. So if there are any cats in the area, you kitty doesn't have to be exposed directly to get infected. Aa good vaccination history is of utmost importance, but not 100%
    Let us know!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Month old baby has a stuffy nose and a cough [ 13 Answers ]

I have a month old baby. He has a stuffy nose and a cough. I took him to his doctor but the doctor says he's too young to take medicine. He has hard time sleeping, and I don't know what to do anymore, any suggestions what to do?:(

Disinfecting for Kennel Cough ? [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience with disinfecting their house and yard and dog beds/kennels with the germ that causes kennel cough? I know about bleach mixtures, but that seems too caustic for metals crates, loungers and others. In doing a favor for a rescue group yesterday, I may have infected my...

Mini Dachshund with Kennel Cough [ 3 Answers ]

We just picked up our eight-week old Mini Dachshund from his breeder this week. We have a one year old Dachshund/Pomeranian mix that we got last year. The baby has had a weird cough since we picked him up, and I called the vet to see if I could get him an appointment. After finding a caring...

View more questions Search