Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    braattany Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2009, 11:56 AM
    I need to know what day I got pregnant!
    Okay so. I have a bit of a problem and not sure what to do. Any help? Well I'm now pregnant and just went to my first doctors appt to get checked out & stuff. This was on monay(april20th) and my doctor said I measure to about 18 weeks but won't know for sure till my ultra sound. Now me & my boyfriend have been on&off for the past 3years. We've dated other people between because there's been sometimes things haven't worked out. But now were back together and happier than ever. But this other kid that I hooked up with one of my drunken nights.. unpretected:-/. I just hope that its not his. So is there any way I could findout whatday I got pregnant! I couldn't have it if its not with my current boyfriend right now. He already thinks its his and is already ready to be a father and told his family. And itd just be a pretty messed up situation if it wasn't his. So this other boy that I hooked up with was jan4th.. unpretected unfortunetly. But was only for a few mintues because somebody walked in. he said he didn't finish.. but you know boys. And that morning was the last day of my period. Is it easy to get pregnant when you just got rid of your period then had sex? Or isn't it something to do with your ovulation times? Well me and my boyfriend got back together like right after and had sex like 2days after. Its always unpretected with us, he just always pulls out. Is there any possible way I can findout the exact day I got pregnant? I need to know!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 12:42 PM

No, there is no fool proof way to know when you conceived. You will need DNA testing when the baby is born.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 12:44 PM

If you're already 18 weeks it's too late for an abortion, so guess what, you're having it no matter who the father is.

Like Judy said, paternity test after the birth, that's the only way to know who the baby belongs to.

Living a lie is never a good idea. Best to come clean now.

Good luck.
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Apr 25, 2009, 01:08 PM

Don't panic. Chances are your current boyfriend is the father. There is no 100 percent way to know without a DNA test however women ovulate approx. 14 days before her period starts. In other words if your egg isn't fertilized and implanted your period will start 14 days after you ovulated. The day you start bleeding is counted as day 1. You had sex with a fling on the last day of your period, which was day? What? 4? day 5? Day 7? Most likely you had not ovulated yet because your period probably didn't last 14 days. (You don't necessarily ovulate on the 14th day but your period starts 14 days after you ovulate if you are not pregnant.)

Then you started having unprotected sex with your current boyfriend as usual starting on which day of your cycle? 3 days after the last day of your period -much closer to your fertile time :)

Of course just to be safe you should be honest about it with the doctor and your boyfriend so that you can get paternity testing when the new baby arrives.
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 01:10 PM

Wiseoldwoman, not all women ovulate at the same time, that's just an estimate and not at all accurate.

Really, the only way to know is a paternity test after the baby is born.
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Apr 25, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Wiseoldwoman, not all women ovulate at the same time, that's just an estimate and not at all accurate.

Really, the only way to know is a paternity test after the baby is born.
    That is the tricky thing and the thing most people don't understand. All women don't ovulate on the 14th day but Normally ALL women will begin their bloodly flow 14 days after ovulating unless they became pregnant.

Apr 25, 2009, 01:56 PM

Yeah I know its too late.. I said that. I mean there's other options like adoption. But my boyfriend knows I hooked up with this kid. It's a weird situation really but by going by what the doctor says... 18 weeks. That's why he thinks its his. Ill be going for an ultra sound Monday to really be able to findout how many weeks. Is an ultra sound always accurate when it says how many weeks
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 02:01 PM

The only accurate thing you can do is a DNA paternity test.

Please stop looking for other options. You know that baby is yours because you are carrying it.

Don't deservice a man because he can't prove a child with an unfaithful partner. You have an obligation to the father, who is making a lifelong commitment, and to the unborn child, who deserves to know his heritage.
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thewiseoldwoman View Post
    That is the tricky thing and the thing most people don't understand. All women don't ovulate on the 14th day but Normally ALL women will begin their bloodly flow 14 days after ovulating unless they became pregnant.
    Yes, most women, but not ALL women. It is entirely possible to ovulate while you have your period.

The 14 day rule is what many women have, but not all. Seeing as we don't know when the OP ovulated we cannot be certain when she conceived.

You cannot go by the majority on this because it's entirely possible that the OP is one of the minority. Understand?

Apr 25, 2009, 02:44 PM

Well I don't understand because if I'm 18weeks that would mean I got pregnant in December. And I got my period in december/beginning of January. So you can be pregnant and still have your period? And that would mean I would have been before I had sex with the other boy. And I wasn't "cheating" on my boyfriend actually. We wernt together.

Apr 25, 2009, 02:50 PM

And I was with my boyfriend in December.. so that would mean its his
    Pets Expert

Apr 25, 2009, 03:10 PM

Really, there's no way to know until a DNA test is done.

Guessing is not going to help you.

I know you want an answer now, but it isn't possible until after the baby is born.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by braattany View Post
    well i don't understand because if i'm 18weeks that would mean i got pregnant in december. and i got my period in december/beginning of janurary. so you can be pregnant and still have your period? and that would mean i woulda been before i had sex with the other boy. and i wasn't "cheating" on my boyfriend actually. we wernt together.

Was the period you had end of December/early Jan. like a normal one for you? Do you recall if it came on time, was the same length, same amount of bleeding? When was your last period before that?

IF you were around 18 weeks on April 20, and that was not an actual period you had in early January, then yes... you would have already been pregnant, but measurements alone are not very accurate. You will have to wait until you have a scan, but that also will not necessarily be definite... it will merely be what they will date your pregnancy with to give you a due date. Midpregnancy scans tend to be the most accurate but it is not an exact science so there can still be some discrepancy. See what happens after your scan and what dates you are given.

Otherwise, having a 3 day difference between partners is just too close to call. You can get pregnant soon after your period ends if you tend to naturally ovulate early or had an off cycle.

Apr 25, 2009, 03:46 PM

From what I recall my period in december/early jan was normal.. normal blood flow and got lighter at the end, but it always does ill have to wear a tampon to like the 5th day because there will still be a little pink. Then in feb the beginning I got spotting up to the 8th. It would go away then come back like every other day but wasn't anything really I didn't even need a tampon. Just a panny linner. Could that help anymore? I'm just waiting for my next appointment coming up this Monday for them to give me a better idea of how many weeks. But its not the belly ultra sound it's the one to see if I have a short cervix, but either way that should still tell me how many weeks and they said depending on the position of the baby, it could tell the gender
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 03:50 PM

Hope you get some encouraging news from your ultrasound. A matter of several weeks can make all the difference. Keep us posted.

Apr 27, 2009, 04:58 PM

I just got my ultra sound today and they said I'm 17 weeks & 2 days which is good.. so that means its my boyfriends and I got pregnant in December. I'm having a baby boy=)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is pregnant but the guy who got her pregnant moves on with out her [ 10 Answers ]

My friend lisa got pregnant from her ex and her ex got with lisa old best friend so now she is really loney because her ex is avoiding the situation of her being pregnant. What should she do?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

View more questions Search