Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lesley56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Job Description
    What is the difference between job description and job function?
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Apr 25, 2009, 09:24 AM

A job description tells you what you do in the course of carrying out your job or the duties you perform. A job function is its purpose. EX if you are a greeter at Walmart your job description might include things like standing at the entrance. Assisting customers with carts or questions etc. The function would be to make customers feel welcome and like they would like to come back to this store again.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:46 AM

Job desciption = what you are responsible for day to day whilst working.

Job function =what you have to do in your job to make the duties you are responsible for work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between position description and job description [ 2 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif :) What is the difference between position description and job description

Job description [ 7 Answers ]

How do I make this job description?

IT Job Description [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I would like your help in finding free IT job description for the following positions: 1)Head of IT Consultants 2)Head of the Installation and Support department (After sales support Manager) 3)IT Junior Consultant Thank you Nathaly

I need description of a pill [ 1 Answers ]

I found a round blue pill in my sons drawer and am fearful that it may be a perscrition pain pill. Could you please let me know what it is. Its blue round and has a number imprinted on it. The first number is too faded and next number is 0. please help , thank you

Job description [ 1 Answers ]

Job description Why do we have them? How do we develop them? How do new employees know their job description?

View more questions Search