Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Is it implantation bleeding or period
    I had light bleeding for three days on and off no cramping and I usually have cramps and this was three days after my missed period just want to know when is it OK to test for hpt or was it just my period
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 19, 2006, 04:00 PM
    It sounds as though you got your period.

Please read this.
    skam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 04:08 PM
    Thank you very much j 9 how do you chart your fertile days when you see your period between 28 to 32 days
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 19, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Okay, the best thing to do, I am guessing you are married and both of you are ready for children. Not to be judgmental, but I have 4 that range in ages from 20 years to 4 years, so bear with me, they are such a HUGE responsibility that I cannot even begin to describe!

Okay, back to the subject at hand. The best thing to do, now remember this is different for every woman, and since I have not given you a physical examination, I can only go my certain guidelines.

Back to the subject now. On the first day of your period you count 11 - 14 days ahead. This "should" be your most fertile time. Now, an egg only lives in the body, once released from the ovary, for 24 hours. Take into account sleep, and us women only have approximately 18 hours per month to become pregnant. Amazing it happens at all isn't it?

So, on a 28 day cycle you "should" be most fertile on the eleventh day after the first day of your last period. On a 32 day cycle it is around day 14 after the first day of your last period.

Hope that makes sense to you.
    120774 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skam
    i had light bleeding for three days on and off no cramping and i usually have cramps and this was three days after my missed period just want to know when is it ok to test for hpt or was it just my period
    In all probability its just your period. Take a hpt only if you miss your periods for more than a week, feel nausea and your breasts become sore and tender.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 34 Answers ]

Hi... this is my first time posting on here. I have a 2 year old, we had to go to a fertility clinic to conceive (it was on my end for the problems). But everything got straightened out (surgery). Now we are trying again and it is just so different without help. My ovulation was between the 3rd...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 308 Answers ]

I had my last period June 17 - 20, we have been trying to get p and this month I was 3 days late. I started bleeding very lightly at first then it got a little heavier, then light again, the bleeding only lasted a day and half. I also had some cramping. Has anyone ever had this happen before? ...

Preggy soon after M/C? Implantation bleeding or period? HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Could it be possible? Just around three weeks ago I had a miscarriage, though I think it happened a week before I actually started bleeding. Is there is any way that my miscarriage bleeding could have been my period? It did last just as long as my reggy periods do (3-4 days) Im getting all the...

Implantation Bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was on July 2nd and I had sex durning my ovulation. I was suppose to start my period yesterday {July 29th} and today when I got up I noticed a small amount of brownish blood on my panties. Then around the end of the day it turned kind of red, and there was more of it. But now...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so this is the most different feeling I have ever gotten around a period. I am shameful to say that the last 2 weeks ago I had what seemed like unprotected sex with someone I used to date a longg time ago. This was a one night stand which I neverr do but I was a little under the influence. ...

View more questions Search