Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txmarkcolo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 03:31 AM
    Transmission service, fluid and filter 06 taurus
    How to change fluid and filter on tranny on 06 taurus automatic, front wheel drive
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2009, 05:22 AM

Here you go:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post552241

The pan gasket is reuseable. I have a 2000 Taurus, with the 3.0L Duratec Engine, and I was surprised with the crud in the pan, when I first changed the fluid at 29,000 miles. I recommend using only Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF or Amsoil Universal Synthetic ATF in these transmissions. ATXs on FWD cars are problematic and you want to use the best fluid and maintenance procedures. Be sure to drop and clean the pan, change the filter, and refill the fluid every 30,000 miles, as Ford recommends. Stay away from the T-Tech machines, where the pan is not dropped and cleaned and the filter is not changed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 Taurus Transmission [ 7 Answers ]

The transmission in my 97 Taurus slips intermittently. It will be operating normally and suddenly let go. The engine will rev but the tranny won't pull. It will maintain a very low speed, and occasionally grab, but basically acts like the car's in neutral. It was operating normally today until...

Where to pour transmission fluid [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I pour the transmission fluid on a 2000 Dodge Stratus ES?

No transmission fluid [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Hyundai accent. I was changing oil and mistakenly drained tranny fluid instead. I then put about 4 1/2 quarts of oil in engine on top of what was already in thinking I drained everything. About 8 1/2 quarts were in engine! I started car and let idle with all that oil and no tranny...

Transmission Fluid [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. Where do you find the dipstick to check the transmission fluid and where is the opening to replace the transmission fluid? None of these are visible by looking under the hood.

Transmission fluid [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of fluid do I put in the transmission of a 94 honda civic 5 speed manual?

View more questions Search