Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eboneechild Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Upper thy pain
    While I was pregnant with my 3rd child for some reason I was having these upper thy pains. When I asked the doctor why it was hurting she said the baby was resting on top of my bladder, which I assumed it would go away after the pregnancy. I believe she was telling something I wanted to hear at the moment because the pain is still an ongoing thing. It's been a year now and sometimes my leg gives out on me and it's painful to walk on it. The pain feels like I pulled a muscle. I can't lift it or move it at all sometimes. The pain comes and goes. If I take about 20 to 25 steps, I'm in the most hurtful pain. I can be in the middle of the street sometimes and my leg gives out on me, holding up traffic, so I'm forced to hop on one foot to get to the destination. What is this pain? Can I sue the doctor or the hospital for my on going pain even though it's been a year?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2009, 07:37 PM
    You can't sue the hospital or the doctor.

You see, it sounds as though you are having sciatic nerve pains. This can be confused with round ligament pains in pregnancy sometimes. As doctors/nurses, we can only make an educated guess as to what is causing your pain during pregnancy since we cannot do x-rays, MRIs etc.

This is a naturally occurring pain during most pregnancies and gets worse with each subsequent pregnancy.

Neither the doctor nor the hospital did anything to cause this pain so there is nothing you can sue them for, it was caused by pregnancy. Why not sue your husband? LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What causes pain in upper right abdomen? [ 3 Answers ]

What causes pain in the upper right abdomen? I don't have the pain all the time, just sometimes. But when it hurts, it hurts bad. It is worsened when I do physical activity, but can start when just sitting. It also hurts more if I push on spot where hurts. Any help, please? Thanks!

Upper stomach pain [ 3 Answers ]

I had my gb removed 2yrs. Ago. Now I have severe attacks in my upper stomach. I've had about 5 since my surgery. They are now scaring me. Its starts really mild and then builds. I feel like its going to expode. The pain is so severe that I cannot breathe. It last for about 10min. Then...

Pain in upper right abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my upper right abdomen. It is not constant, but can be pretty severe. The pain starts when I am sitting or after walking. In order to stop the pain I must lay down and extend my legs. If I press on the area, it is very tender!! Also I had my gallbladder removed 7 years ago.

Upper right chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I work out 4 times a week, but for the past few days I have been getting chest pain on my right side. Starts from the underarm all the way to the upper right chest. When I push my chest and underarm with my fingers it hurts. Breathing is not really a problem. I don't know what it is. Please advise...

Upper jaw pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would love it someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my jaw I have oh and I should say that I have upper dentures about a week ago my jaw started hurting where the upper jaw meats the bottom right arcoss from your ear and only when I bite down on something any help please:)

View more questions Search