Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galvsteph Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Lawnmower do not run
    Purchased refurbished 21" briggs stratton push mower yestrday at home depot, prime mower, runs for 5 seconds then dies, prime, run again, die out, what should I loook for
    Txs steph
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 05:47 PM

Take it back would be the best thing here. The reconditioned is not working. If no luck get back please.

This could be a clogged fuel filter to a carb fuel pump to a carb re build kit, or replacing the carb. Was the gas you put in it new, or last winters gas ?

Again check the filter out But I would return it on the get go. Its supposed to work..
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Try replaceing the carburetor diagpram in between the carburetor and the gastank and if that doesn't work try replaceing the primer bulb
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2009, 06:48 PM

I am with 21boat, if you buy today and it doesn't work tomorrow there is but one things to do, get your $$$$ back. I fix what must be fixed not stuff defective right from the store.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 07:22 PM

There is a possibility that you have water in your gas. Our state just had a station get a delivery of contaminated gas. In many cases, the cars didn't make it out of the station.

Make sure the gas is good.
    echo srm 230 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:33 PM

Hey keepitsimplestupid it's echo srm 230 you should learn more about small engines because you want to use low octane in small 4 stroke engines because it WILL RUN COOLER!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower Help [ 10 Answers ]

My lawnmower, Murray Select w/Briggs?Stratton engine, will start but will not get up to speed. It only putt-putts and kicks out a lot of smoke. Any suggestions?

Weedeater 300 lawnmower 4.5 l [ 1 Answers ]

I bought it at the beginning of the summer. Used it about 6 times. Now it starts very brieflt and shuts off. There's gas, oil and the spark plug is okay. I tried moving the little switch on the carb and primed it 3 times. Please help me.:confused:

Lawnmower problems [ 1 Answers ]

My father has a Troybuilt mower walk behind 4.5 2 years old lawn mower... It only runs when the air filter is removed, shuts off when the air filter is in it. Does anyone have any idea why or what to do?

I put too much oil in my new B&S lawnmower [ 3 Answers ]

:mad: Being new to this whole lawn care thing after recently firing my gardener, I did something stupid. This morning was the 2nd time I attempted mowing. I started it up and did half the lawn and the mower started sputtering a little and ended up dying and when I tried to start it back up there...

View more questions Search