Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bibler Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Corrupted AVI files after software installation
    I have some video files on the computer that has been corrupted. The videos were from my Samsung camcorder. They were OK until I installed this arcsoft Media Impression software on the computer. It is from my new Polaroid digital camera. The formats on the videos have been altered. I can only hear the sound. I cannot see the video even after I have deleted the software. Transferring videos from SD card to computer still yields the same thing. It looks like only videos from Samsung Camcorder are affected. My photos and videos from my Sony camera are still OK. Is there anything I can do to repair the video files and/or solve the issue?
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 06:51 AM

Sounds like what happens after installing klite (do NOT isntall klite.. and discount advice from anyone who recommends it)

Install these two freeware solutions in the order listed:

MuldeR's Homepage

Combined Community Codec Pack

---

CCCP will repair most trauma to your DirectShow filters
    jeffcard Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2009, 08:43 PM

Download and install K-lite code pack, you problem may be solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Software to open MPP files [ 7 Answers ]

Does any one know about the software to open MPP files?

Retrieving corrupted video files [ 1 Answers ]

I have some video files on the computer that has been corrupted. The videos were from my camcorder. They were OK until I installed this polaroid arcsoft software on the computer. It is from my new camera. The formats on the videos have been altered. I can only hear the sound. I cannot see the...

Downloaded corrupted files [ 4 Answers ]

I have been using AVG freeware for several years and it suddenly stopped working. I have been trying to download a new copy for two days and, at the end of the download, I get a message stating that the file is corrupted. This has happened twice. Today I tried to download the Avira...

Missing/corrupted files [ 7 Answers ]

Get message "The following file is missing or corupted:C:\WINDOWS\HIMEN.SYS" (and) "The following file is missing or corupted:C:\WINDOWS\DBLBUFF.SYS" (and) "The following file is missing or corupted:C:\WINDOWS\IFSHLP.SYS" . All pertain to Win 98

Windows XP system restore files corrupted [ 1 Answers ]

I recently experienced a total crash :( and had to use my system recovery kit... Following 3 failed attempts at using the system restore feature and utilizing 3 different restore points. A Trojan virus had infiltrated my system. I had detected and removed the original in February with a virus...

View more questions Search