Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Wire size
    Hi all

What size wire for a 50amp 240v circuit? Length of cable will be 20 feet from panel box to outlet.

Thanks

Chuck
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Typically #6cu, but this could change depending on what type of cable/conduit is run and what the circuit is for.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    Typically #6cu, but this could change depending on what type of cable/conduit is run and what the circuit is for.
    Thanks for come back. Will be using nmc and it is for a kiln. Have wired other kilns, but have not done so in about 15 years.

Chuck
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 22, 2009, 05:37 PM
    You mean NM-B. Yes, #6 would be it. 6/2NM to be exact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire size & conduit size for 60 am subpanel 150 from source [ 9 Answers ]

Indiana question: I want to install a 60amp subpanel 150 feet from the main panel. This is all exposed runs both inside and out in a commercial envirenement. What gauge and type of copper wire and what size conduit whould I use. How often should insert a junction box in the run. John

Sub Panel AMP Size and Supply Wire Size [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install a sub panel in my garage I was told to run 6/3 Romex to supply the sub panel and have done so. The run is about 65 feet and I am now wondering after reading this site what is the max I can get for this size wire? I plan to supply a compressor (20 amp) and the garden...

Vintage stove- 3 wire 220v, what size wire? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a vintage Crosley range. The old wire was a 3-wire 220v, connected to terminals in the back- the black and red wires were actually 6 or so copper strands, and the white was a silver metal. My question is, what amperage do you think I need? Will 10 be enough? Thanks for your...

Wire Size and panel size [ 6 Answers ]

I have a separate small living quarters that is a single room that is about 180 feet away from the main panel. It is going to get another little bed room a small kitchen and a bathroom also maybe a washer. The main panel is a 100 amp meter socket combo. What should I upsize the main panel to? ...

4 wire home service entrance wire size [ 1 Answers ]

Mobile home requires 4 wire electrical service entrance wire. Distance is 160 foot from meter to breaker panel. 220V service. What size wire do I use? Can I use diff. size for neutral and ground?

View more questions Search