Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvdjdmdr13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Apr 21, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Is this truth About the U.S.A?
    “Everybody knows - but no one wants to say - that the Democratic Party has become the party of special interest bigots and racial dividers. It runs the one-party state that controls public services in every major inner city, including the corrupt and failing school systems in which half the students - mainly African American and Hispanic - are denied a shot at the American dream.”

I read this on an internet page, but is it truth? And if its truth why do (WHITE PEOPLE) hate Hispanic or Blacks?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:06 PM

If you look at the cities that the Democrats run they are not thriving.
    Pittsburgh, Pa and Detroit, Michigan are just two cities that are not doing good that are run by Dem's. I also heard that many people are leaving California, New York City and New Jersey because of the taxes/cost of living.

Arizona, Texas, Georgia and some Republican states have a good growing economy and low taxes.
    I heard Texas had 70% of the most economic growth in the past year.

As far as bigots and racism and the democratic party here is a news article from a black leader.
    Newsmax.com - Black Leader: Democratic Party Architect of Racism

Also I really don't see a lot of bigotry any more but I know it does still exist.
    For the most part I see blacks and whites getting along except for politicians and leaders who want to make it a problem to further their agenda. I see just as many, if not more blacks driving SUV's and living in large expensive houses. I know a lot of blacks who have very top paying jobs.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 21, 2009, 07:21 PM

That maybe dependent upon what you consider the "American dream".

There are movie stars, singers, athlets, and so on are of all kinds of backgrounds.

The people who don't have the money to get the American dream are the one's that, I'd guess, are feeling the "unfair treatment". So it's pretty much yes and no. "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer."-Unknown

White people don't hate other racial people, but "some people", including those of the same ethnic (not sure if that's the word I want to use there, seems OK.) backgroung, do "hate" or harbour ill feelings toward others.

Over generalizing is foolish, reading such articles is sketchy at best, unless you apply "critical Thinking". Ask questions as you have here, and get more info before agreeing or disagreeing.

I don't think politics can be one way or another, because there are so many different people. We can see that it's changing to a more open minded public. I mean really, they have a president that would not ever have been allowed to run like a few decades ago, even less. That's a big step. People would be wise to drop their assumptions, stigmas, and any thing else blinding their better judgement.

"Believe nothing no matter where you read it, no matter who said it, no matter if I said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense... rely on real wisdom not superficial interpretation... rely on the essence of your pure wisdom mind not on judgmental perceptions... Hatred dose not cease through hatred any time, hatred ceases through love. This is an unalterable law. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. Pay no attention to the faults of others, things done or left undone by others. Consider only by what one's self is done or is left undone." - Buddha (I did cut a bunch of it out, but it's the more impotant stuff I think.)

May peace and kindness be with you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestorian View Post

There are movie stars, singers, athlets, and so on are of all kinds of backgrounds.

The people who don't have the money to get the American dream are the one's that, i'd guess, are feeling the "unfair treatment". So it's pretty much yes and no. "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer."-Unknown
    Yeah the rich get richer and the poor get poorer unless they can come up with an idea or the resources to make their dreams come true.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 28, 2009, 02:19 AM

No, the Democratic part is not the party of special interest bigots, special interests seek favor wherever they think they can get it. Some people feel that because the Democrats favor things like affirmative action, that makes them racist because it favors one race over another, but others feel this is needed because of past injustices. Republicans generally oppose any race-based favoritism.

Social services and education are typically run by the state government, so the prevailing party in a state legislature will naturally enact their agenda based upon their percepetion of what the voters feel is best. If they don't they don't get re-elected. Democrats generally favor more social services, Republicans generally favor less government. Many cities are in trouble today, no matter who runs them, because of the economy.

That material you quoted sounds like it is from someone who is not very rational and has some axe to grind or a personal agenda to promote.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2009, 03:03 AM
    Here's where you got that quote: David Horowitz Freedom Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's another fringe nutjob.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2009, 04:59 AM

And in general the inner city kids all have a chance, most merely refuse to take them. Most of the fault goes back to the families who are not there to support the kids. Parents who don't wake the kids up for schools, gangs that kids look up to that teach them that going to school is stupid.

The worst enemy of the inner city student are their own peers
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 03:30 AM

failing school systems in which half the students - mainly African American and Hispanic - are denied a shot at the American dream.”
    Laws in the U.S. cover that from happening.. Lets get this understood properly. The school system isn't FAILING a thing. The Students are the failing problem here.

The parties are not directly responsible for this crisis that's happening in America. It's the people.

I been studying this for a while. The crisis is even worse then most think. They way the stats are gathered on schools is the Bean counters are only looking at how many students graduate that entered 12th grade. Not who entered High school.

Its all about the willingness to work hard to get ahead and or get a better education to get a better job. Basically it's a mindset.

For instance over 40% of the students in Puerto Rico quit high school, and its not much different here in many places

If this were really true explain the President getting in or even that far if he wasn't elected president. Also the newly appointed Puerto Ricans ( Born in Puerto Rico ) now on the Supreme Court. Weather she got there politically or not obviously she is a VERY educated Puerto Rican and a VERY hard worker. She seemed to achieve her American Dream if that what it was for her.

Just to keep that in prospective, Millions upon Millions white born Americans aren't even close to that " Dream" The sentence in itself is very misleading to all. Its so individualized.

do (WHITE PEOPLE) hate Hispanic or Blacks?
    I don't personally think they are hated.

What I feel the angry here is statically the disproportionate crimes committed in the U.S. versus comparable population of the races and how that effects everybody's quality of life living in the U.S. and real estate value loss..

There lies the problem and no one wants to address it or admit it even though the numbers ( Gov reports, daily News papers ) show otherwise.

Simply put the sliding scale is way off here

Again like schooling it's a personal choice

caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Jun 30, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdjdmdr13 View Post
    “Everybody knows - but no one wants to say - that the Democratic Party has become the party of special interest bigots and racial dividers. It runs the one-party state that controls public services in every major inner city, including the corrupt and failing school systems in which half the students - mainly African American and Hispanic - are denied a shot at the American dream.”

I read this on an internet page, but is it truth? And if its truth why do (WHITE PEOPLE) hate Hispanic or Blacks?
    Under then same situation most asians or other blacks (not us born) would achieved the american dream, why ?
    I feel white donot hate black or hispanic, they may hate certain type of people, beside the criminals
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2009, 08:49 PM

I would like to share a personal experience form a trip NY, Ellis Island some years ago that directly relates to the topic of the American Dream.

If anybody cares to check it out, on the second floor in the small room to the right I read a plaque with these words printed on it.

Now keep in mind as many as 5,000 immigrants a day were processed there.

" I was told the Americas streets were paved in gold, Little did I know I would be working 12 hrs a day on paving those streets"

It also reflects the caliber of people form all parts of the world that made this country Great. It also reflects that KNOW BODY was on Welfare because it didn't exist. Work or starve. Apparently that took this Country into the 19th Century and beat ALL the countries in Quality of life and Industrialization. Hail to the Ellis Island immigrants!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The truth about me. [ 103 Answers ]

I can’t believe that I’m writing this, I still don’t know if it’s a good idea, but I guess it’s time I did, so here it goes. First, for anyone that knows me on this site, you all know that I strongly believe in safe sex for our teens, or better yet, abstinence. I’ve spoken my mind about this...

What is truth? [ 327 Answers ]

On the Christian board yesterday, someone made a comment that their truth was different from someone else's truth. Just because we believe something.. does it make it truth? How can we know if something is true. Is there such thing as absolute truth?

The truth [ 8 Answers ]

I didn't really know where to post this,b ut I figured why not put it in the religious discussions where everyone seems to go ato one point or another. I just want to see who thinks truth is relative and who thinks truth is absolute. State what you believe and why you believe it please.

Why tell the truth. [ 5 Answers ]

A couple was going out for the evening. They'd gotten ready, All dolled-up , dog put out, etc. The taxi arrives and as they start, the dog shoots back in the house. They don't want the dog shut in, so the wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes upstairs to chase the dog out. The wife, not...

Is it better to know truth, than to believe a lie? [ 33 Answers ]

Would you like to (know) there is a God? Or, would you like to (believe) there is a god? :confused:

View more questions Search