Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belleisle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 02:03 AM
    Tramadol long term effects?
    I had an herniated disc in my lower back and was prescribed tramadol. Excellent drug in helping me manage the pain. I take 50mg for every 6 hours is enough to get me through the day. Been on it for around 10 months. Are there any other tramadol users here who know of a possible long term effect of tramadol? Thanks for your replies.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 03:17 AM

My dad has been on tramadol for many, many years for back pain, he takes 250mg a day as prescribed by his doctor.

He has had no ill effects from this drug but it's always best to consult your doctor about any medications.
    afoolsuchasi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Hi. I just suggest that you monitor your intake of the medicine and your doctor informed of it. As tramadol may be habit forming, you might have difficulties getting off of it if you misuse it. Also, discuss with your doctor about how to gradually get off it. To be safe, you know. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soma long term side effects? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I was involved in a car accident late last year and it left me with a bad spasm due to the operation they did on my back. I am now on soma to help me with the pain for like 3 months. I'm wondering if there's any addiction that can be caused by soma? Or are there any negative long term...

Can acne have long-term effects? [ 1 Answers ]

I have REALLY bad acne. It's been clearing away recently, but it seems to be coming back at full force now.

Long term effects of donating plasma [ 7 Answers ]

I have been donating plasma since 1991 every two weeks straight, missing one full year in 1995. I have concerns and have been searching the web, but, have not found any clear straight forward answers regarding the "longterm effects on donating plasma" on a continual basis. (long term effects...

View more questions Search