Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dinnymurf Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Storing Music on External Hard Drive
    Hi, How do I store music on external hard drive from my computer? Thank You. Dinnymurf.
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 02:59 PM

O to the music you want to copy select it an right click copy, then go to the drive which should be in your "my computer" and paste it.
    Let me know if you got it.
    Dinnymurf Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnymurf View Post
    Hi, How do i store music on external hard drive from my computer? Thank You. dinnymurf.
    Hi, Thank you Andrew for your assistance, I tried right clicking on a song and clicked SAVE and then I went to the hard drive J and right clicked on the area but the PASTE word was in grey, and it did not copy, I tried this several times but no joy. I tried it with documents and it worked fine. I will keep at it and see how I get on, and I will let you know if I succeed. Thank You again Andrew Carstens for your wonderful tip, I think it has put me on the right road for now. My PC crashed several times in the last 6 to 9 months and I lost everything, now I'm trying to back up my music on an external disc in case it crashes again.
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2009, 01:15 PM

No problem if you need anyhting els just ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

External hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I have a simpletech external hard drive, windows 98se, connected to a usb port. The "safely remove hardware" taskbar icon is not showing up any longer. I am afraid to switch of the hard drive.

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a western digital 500 gb external hard drive with only one usb port and no firewire. I have two other external hard drives with firewire and usb ports. I need to transfer data from the two old external hard drives to the new western digital external hard drive. Could there be any...

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I am running a HP A1657C PC,I would like to purchase a external hard drive about 160 gig can you advice which one would be right for me. I want to back up c drive and at present only using about 30 gig but want room to expand. Thanks for reading this and any info you can offer Alan

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Saving limewire music files to external hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... I know there has to be a way to do this. I have over 5,000 songs on Limewire, which is slowing down the computer considerably, and I need a way to save them to my computer permanently. I have no idea how to do this. I have tried several ways to save the music but as soon as I delete it...

View more questions Search