Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markodarko47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 11:38 AM
    SW+SS lightening soap made me darker/redder?
    I used the SW+SS soap for about 1.5 months. When I went back home, my family said I seemed to have gotten slightly darker... which was exactly the opposite of what I expected.

Ever since I heard that, I examined my skin and realized that my skin seems to be slightly darker. And my fingers, for example, have a pinkish glow mixed with the brownish skin.

So does anyone know what happened here? Did the SW+SS mess up my skin?

I heard lightening soaps make your skin desensitized to the Sun's UV rays... does this mean I'm more prone to getting darker now?

(P.S. = I didn't stay indoors all the time. I have to walk/bike between classes, so I got some sunshine but not extended sunshine. I still made an attempt to use sunblock (SPF 15 - Oil & Olay Mousturizer) every now and then)
    innuendo Posts: 81, Reputation: 5

Apr 20, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by markodarko47 View Post

(P.S. = I didn't stay indoors all the time. I have to walk/bike between classes, so I got some sunshine but not extended sunshine. I still made an attempt to use sunblock (SPF 15 - Oil & Olay Mousturizer) every now and then)
    Well, there you go. It only takes 10 minutes to get darker in the sun. You need to get a really good (and I mean really good) sunblock.
    markodarko47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Does that mean skin lightening soaps make your skin more prone to becoming darker?

That would mean - if you use a skin lightening soap, you risk becoming darker than your normal skin tone!
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 02:53 PM

Girl that soap is trash! I was so pressed to get it and I was disapionted. I don't think I got darker but the small bumps I had on my face were gone and my skin was dry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custom Made Skin Lightening cream [ 10 Answers ]

I use this skin lightening cream that is custom blended by this lady who owns a skincare salon here in Newyork. Now I use her product and it is very expensive for just a small amount, but it seems like it's the only product that works for me. I'll go and say to myself I can't afford this crap but...

Bio Cliare Body Lotion + Fair and White SAVON AHA2 Exfoliant & Lightening Soap update [ 19 Answers ]

Ok I just baught 2 of each from beutyofnewyork.com and I chose 3 day select which means it should arive Monday, so when Monday comes Im going to keep you guys updated. I'll come on every 3 days! TrayDay this better work girl lmao

How do I put a label or a mark directly on a home made soap. [ 2 Answers ]

HOw do I put a label or mark directly on a home made soap? Let say I want it marked as GRACE. How can I place the mark directly on the soap bar so that the brand name can be recognized even without the package or the wrapper?

View more questions Search