Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChantalG14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:36 PM
    How do I get my dog to go the door when she wants out?
    I have a 4 month old Boxer puppy and we put her outside every hour and a half to go to the bathroom. She understands that when she is outside she goes to the bathroom then she scratches at the door to come in. The problem is she never goes to the door when she needs out, let alone barking or scratching. I've heard about using bells but I have 2 cats that might play with the bell instead of her using it to go outside. I don't know what to do and I was wondering if anybody had suggestions..
    Ashnss Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:44 PM

Both my puppies use to do that and once we got them a doggie door no more problems or accidents!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 01:49 AM

Doggy doors are great but make sure you can get one with a lockable latch. You don't want your dog going outside at night and waking up the neighbours :)

Mine don't really give me any indication that they need to go outside to do their business, I just make sure I let them out at regular intervals as you are doing.

As your puppy gets older you won't need to take him out as frequently as his little bladder will be big enough to hold it in for several hours.
    ChantalG14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Thank you for all suggestions!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 10:50 AM

No problem Chantal, I hope we helped :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

Millikin Door Kit needed in order to install storm door [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Milliken (may be mis-spelled) exterior door with two side light panels on both sides. I have purchased a Larson Storm Door for the front door. There is not enough depth between the two doors when measuring them - therefore I need to build the front door frame out. I need to know...

View more questions Search