Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamesthedude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Why do I have to live a lie! I don't want this life! How can I change?
    Hey everybody!

Please help me! I am 25 and I am single. Until I was 16 I was very attrected to girls and even had sex with a few girls at school. I was a very naughty boy to be doing that so early but it happened. However, my life growing up was not very easy. My mother was very very abusive and had never had a father as they never married. I grew to dislike woman and found comfort in my male friends and looked up to older adult man. They seem not to gudge me as much as my mother did. In woman I was without love.

Before I knew it I was sexually attracted to men and just always wanted to be sorrounded by man. These feeling did not make me happy and I have been trying for years to push them down. I love very few woman. It has nothing to do with looks but more the personality. I have met a few ladies I like and when I do meet a lady I can feel that things can work. But I get confused because I find myself thinking about man. My thoughts about man only include straight man and I not at all attracted to gay guys.

I am in a mess and I need help. I know I have felt for woman before. Now I feel for man. I cannot be with man it is not something I can handle and its not something I want. I have very strong feeling for man and I am not sure I can have the same females. I am afraid to try a relationship with a woman because I am scared someone is going to find out that something is wrong with me. No one knows up to now.

What do you suggest I do to gain full feelings for a woman and move on with my life. I would love to be married and have kids. I know the feelings I have for man are a comfort thing. Both emotionally and sexually as I am scared of females. There is fear and hatred in me for woman I know how I can fight because I want to spend my life with a woman.

There is nothing in the world I need more than a woman right now.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 10:26 PM

Why can't you follow your heart and be with a man?

You can't spend your life living a lie,you will cheat yourself and anyone who is with you if your are not sincere.
    Why can't you be free to be who you are ? Lets discuss it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 08:36 AM

You need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist to get to the bottom of your feelings.

Whether you are gay at this point is irrelevant.

You NEED to find out how to fix your intimacy issues in general before you can move on and have a happy, healthy life.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 09:28 AM

Since you are not attacted to gay men, I have personal doubts on what little was said if you are gay, as much as just hate women because of your mother.

Now you may turn out to be, but then you would want to be attacted to other gay men.

Sounds like some years of counseling in your future
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Apr 19, 2009, 09:39 AM

Do get some therapy... it will help you sort out the feelings you are having and help you to realize if you are gay, and like men, or if you are straight and like women, or both...
    whatever you do, and whoever you like, do not live a lie...be forth coming with who you are...life is too short to be a fake..
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 09:39 AM

Hello dude:

Fantasy's are nice. The cool thing about them is they don't have to be acted upon.

excon
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 10:10 PM

I think you need counselling-you are not gay, just hurt by difficult women in your past.

You say you are living a lie-tell us EXACTLY what you mean by what you think is a lie-this may have the real bearing on your sexuality.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Apr 20, 2009, 10:11 AM

I also believe counseling is needed. But follow you heart is the only advice I can give you. You'll be happier this way. And that applies to everything in your life. You only live once and you can't live focusing and worrying about other peoples opinions of your life.

Your sexuality is not hurting anyone but yourself because you are too worried about it. Gay couples can adopt children now and create children. There is a way around everything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Live life without ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am married for 27 years. I have my husband & two children of marriagable age.About 10years back I was involved with a relation to support a person who was our family friend, as he was not having a good relation with his wife.Both of us started liking each others company.Without disturbing...

To live or to let go this life [ 8 Answers ]

I am damn confused,, nothing seems working out... what shouls I do?

If you could live your life over. [ 32 Answers ]

If you could live your life over would you change anything?

The best way to live life (in my opinion.:D.) [ 1 Answers ]

1. Don't be ashamed of who or what you are. Imperfection makes U PERFECT! 2. U r how you were meant to be, if other people say that you are freak, well then BE! A happy freak! Because you love your freakiness! You are happy when you are your freaky SELF!. :) 3. Be happy for you are unique....

Learning to live 'MY' life. [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently initiated a divorce from my husband and I am trying to learn to live life by myself. I am starting over. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. I am living in my parent’s basement and I wake up everyday and remember why I am there. I know that one day I will...

View more questions Search