Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwnickens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Connecting two in line copper water pipes with compression fitting
    Before connecting the two sections of pipe together, is there something that the surface of the pipe should be coated with that ends up inside the fitting before connecting the two?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 18, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lwnickens View Post
    Before connecting the two sections of pipe together, is there something that the surface of the pipe should be coated with that ends up inside the fitting before connecting the two?
    No! Do not use pipe dope or Teflon Tape on a compression ferrule. Good luck, Tom
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 07:40 PM

Sharkbite connectors might be a better solution for you. Don't really know about your application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to cap a copper water line: compression fitting or copper cap? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi all, Unsuccessfully tried to cap a copper water line by soldering a pre-soldered cap onto the end. Took all the proper steps, cleaned the ends of the pipe and fitting first, then applied flux around both. Wasn't quite sure what I should be heating, so I just heated everything. After my first...

Tips on copper compression fitting? [ 11 Answers ]

My problem is whenever I work with coppoer compression fittings, I never seem to get a good seal and something always leaks. Are there any tips on how to do it right? Should I use a hack saw verse my Reciprocating Saw to cut the tube? (SLow vs Fast). I know the cut has to be straight, then...

Compression copper fitting to plastic pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Hi is it possible to fit copper compression fittings to plastic pipe. If so how please

Copper Pipe Compression Fitting [ 7 Answers ]

I'm installing a dishwasher, I've never had one before so I am making all new pipe connections. I'm trying to add a t-fitting and then a valve to a copper water line to be able to turn off the dishwasher water supply while still being able to use the sink. I was told a T-compression would work. ...

Connecting PVC to Threaded Copper fitting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fitting in a wall which began leaking with mold developing on the wall board. When I took out the wall the culprit was a fitting between a female threaded copper fitting and a male PVC fitting in a hot water line. I initially took out the PVC fitting and fitted the joint with a new fitting...

View more questions Search