Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RSmith52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 12:52 PM
    How to stop a divorce
    My wife has told me she wants a divorce after 26 years. She says she loves me but not like a wife should love her husband. She just had her 50th birthday works two jobs. I work full time as well and we do not spend much awake time together. After a few days she has agreed to counseling but says she believes divorce is the only answer.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 06:41 PM
    This is quite a blow for you I'm sure.

I think that there is a ray of hope because she has agreed to counselling. Obviously there are things that she has not told you, to explain why all of a sudden she wants a divorce.

As much as this may have blindsided you, take this opportunity with a therapist to hear what she has to say. If you are both willing to make a few more appointments, and stick to the counselling, maybe it will work out for you.

I'm not saying it will be easy, and she may not change her mind, but at least you will have the satisfaction of doing all you could to save the marriage.

I hope it works out for you both. 26 years is a long time together.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 06:53 PM

Counseling may help,

I have to ask why does she work 2 jobs, is there money trouble, do both of you have too many debts ?
    RSmith52 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 12:06 PM

Working two jobs is her choice.
    One of her jobs is a realtor which she loves to do. The other job is part time and provides her with a steady income. She likes to have her own money and enjoys working. It is not necessary that she work it is a choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing 4 divorce but reconcile then divorce @ a later time - dividing the property [ 18 Answers ]

I never heard of this before but my friend filed for divorce in 89 but reconciled a few months later. Flash forward 20 yrs & she decides to divorce him again. She went back for the kids & tried to make it work. However, when she went 4 this divorce she was told that they could divide the property...

How can I stop or divorce [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancée came from Europe and we got married here in the US and she got her two years green card now I just find out she was married before and never divorce can I divorce her and how can I stop her not getting her paper through me

Stop on a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a research paper on stops on divorce. Could the husband go into the lawyer office and put a stop on the divorce without notifying the wife.

View more questions Search