Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Apr 17, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Thoughts on the Munroe Piercing
    This is geared more to guys... I had this done a week ago and I did think about it for 11 months before committing to the idea. I don't regret it but I was wondering what people think about these piercings... evidently I had it done without caring initially but being a mom of two and a career that is all about presentation and professionalism... I did it anyway (on maternity leave). I was thinking about switching it to a nice small iridescent diamond.

What do you think about women and facial piercings? Sexy or not.
    hobbzilla Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2009, 11:29 PM

I'm a 31 year old male. Married with 2 kids and work in a corporate environment. So long as the piercing has not gone overboard, I personally take little thought into them. I find some more attractive than others, it can definitely be an attention getter, however in my observations and "behind-the-scenes" wisperings, the attention is rarely positive. The company I work for has specific policy in place against this sort of statement.

The catch-22 all has to deal with what profession you are in. If you are in a profession where creativity is encouraged (Graphic Design, Fashion, Artist, etc.), then they might actually lend some positive weight. However, if you are in sales, etc. you need to appeal to the masses. Unfortunately, that is much like preparing a house for sale on the market. You need to blend in, be neutral. Take all the photos down -- ixnay on the ersonalitypay.

HTH
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 07:53 AM

What's a monroe piercing?
    I'm assuming clitoris?

My only thoughts...

Ouch

Doesn't it get in the way when you have sex :/... not something I would ever do but to each their own :)
    hobbzilla Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Apr 18, 2009, 09:59 AM

Monroe piercing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Apr 18, 2009, 10:15 AM

I've done tons of monroe piercings and everyone of them looks great.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Oh, lol sorry, me and my dirty mind!

I still wouldn't get one because I'm a wuss but those ones look pretty :)

Apr 23, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mugger View Post
    i've done tons of monroe piercings and everyone of them looks great.
    The artist didn't put a long enough bar and it appears I have thick skin :). The bar ended up sealing under the lip under more skin. I had it looked at and re-poked... I can find another one on the market and do it myself (since I have other piercings and get the just of changing them). Should I do this or pull it out to heal... not sure about the scar tissue aspect of it. Your thoughts?

Apr 24, 2009, 02:14 PM

Normally I wouldn't recommend changing jewelry so soon after you get it pierced, but if you are having that much of a problem find a good long bar. If you like the piercing don't take it out to heal. I had my lip done with a labret stud and the flat back usually digs into the back of the lip, so I switched to a ring. I know that really doesn't help out much with a monroe and I have had people put a barbell through, but I would worry about the ball rubbing on your gums.
    Your piercer should have used a long bar in the first place. I never pierce with short jewelry. There is normal jewelry and then there is "healing" jewelry, which should always be used first.
    As far as the scar tissue goes, it does make it tougher to go through, but it can be done.

Apr 25, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mugger View Post
    normally i wouldn't recommend changing jewelry so soon after you get it pierced, but if you are having that much of a problem find a good long bar. if you like the piercing don't take it out to heal. i had my lip done with a labret stud and the flat back usually digs into the back of the lip, so i switched to a ring. i know that really doesn't help out much with a monroe and i have had people put a barbell through, but i would worry about the ball rubbing on your gums.
    your piercer should have used a long bar in the first place. i never pierce with short jewelry. there is normal jewelry and then there is "healing" jewelry, which should always be used first.
    as far as the scar tissue goes, it does make it tougher to go through, but it can be done.
    My gum sucked up the stud and went back in after the swelling stopped from getting re-poked... I don't think the bar is long enough and she said she would put in one for order... what am I suppose to do now? I don't want to take it out, its not infected anymore and seems to be closing up nice for the exception of the back of the stud in the mouth. I tried to push the stud out every 2 hours but when I woke up this morning I was pissed. I am thinking about going to another studio but then I would be charged again... what should I do? I left them a message to get back to me with a solution... whatever that may be - call in a favor?

Apr 25, 2009, 05:23 PM

Sorry you're having so many problems with it. They should have had the correct jewelry in the first place. If you are anywhere near Carbondale, Illinois, go to Artistic Mind Tattoos and I will personally hook you up. I would give you a great deal. For now, though keep pushing the stud back and try rinsing your mouth with a teaspoon of sea salt to 8 ounces of warm waterfor about a week. I do feel your pain with those backs though.
    Let me know how you're doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

How do you get rid of a Keloid from a piercing without taking the piercing out? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an idustrial piercing in my left year about a little more then a month ago. All of a sudden I saw this bump raising on the top whole. I found out online that it's a keloid but I'm not to sure if I'm supposed to take it out. Do these things just go away? Are they dangerous? And is there...

Is he having second thoughts? [ 9 Answers ]

I started LC with my ex(been 6 weeks since the break up) about two weeks ago. Before that we were talking every day--he was always upbeat and very friendly too me, but that was my problem. I knew I wanted more than friends and talking about random "friend stuff" was driving me mad because I kept...

Some Serious Thoughts [ 1 Answers ]

----- Original Message ----- From: Clough To: [email protected]; [email protected] ; [email protected]; [email protected] Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 5:14 PM Sharp! Subject: Some Serious Thoughts I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I...

Thoughts on this [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm not sure if I have found my balance on how much to call my re acquired boyfriend. Lately its only been once a day so that I don't feel like I'm bugging him too much. Do you think this is enough or not enough? Also, when I talked to him yesterday he said he missed me (which he hadn't said in...

View more questions Search