Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 28, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    For every brainwashed Islamic person out there, there are just as many brainwashed Jews, Budhists, and God forbid, Christians.
    I agree that Muslims do pose a threat to our way of life. And i am concerned about a number of the actions they are taking in this world today. But i also refuse to take Magprops train of thought that they are all like this and need to be killed!
    It is clearly shown again how intolerance from members of all religions is our greeatest problem today!
    The Pope proved it with his speech which was not necesary. Surely he could see that even touching on such a subject in todays climate would cause uproar in the Muslim community.
    You see, they are just like the western culture. We get spoon fed our news from media such as CNN, and all we see is negative.
    They get the same thing fomr Al Jazeer. They only see negative news in regards to the west.

I agree with RickJ. I watched a great episode of an American TV Movie "Over There" just the other night.. It showed the role the Media are playing in this war in Iraq. Not just the US media. But the Iraqi media as well!

Again, it comes down to Tolerance! Which Muslims are not the only guilt party!
    What frigntens and angers me more than Al Jazeer reporting negatively about the West is for ABC, NBC, CBS, & CNN to do so much negative reporting about the West.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Jan 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSKTRL
    Its not terrorism its jihad.
    You can put a dress on a mokey, but it is still a monkey!

You can call terrorism a holy war but it is still brutal, savage, unconscionable murder, and those who carry out these types of killing are specifically excluded from heaven.

The only possibility of these terrorists entering heaven is if they are clinically insane.

If they are not insane, then they are apostates, and you know the penalty for apostasy.

M:mad:RGANITE
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 31pumpkin
    Is it feasible for Muslims to begin speaking about the good things in the Islamic religion instead of just reacting to another religion's speech about -ALL that they're seeing from Islam is violence in the name of religion ?

Would it be possible for Iran to do the right thing? Help Iraq economically(without Iraq losing democracy) ? Meanwhile, ridding Iraq of the militants? Or are they on the same side really as the militants? Very coomplex. Why doesn't the Ayatollah start telling us all that Islam is a peaceful religion that doesn't encourage violence?

If Iran could refrain from chemical enrichment, help Iraq with security & economy then we can make a bee line out of Iraq!

Your friend,
    dreamer:rolleyes:

If you would please make the righteous humans stand up then I think we can make it more clear...
    International/national politics defining Islam as militants/terrorists/murderers does not necessarily mean that all muslims must agree with them and say yes we are sorry for what some misguided/mis informed people are doing around the world in the name of Islam.

That is like saying all serial killers religion must stand up and apologise and make things right for the families of the bereaved.That just does not make sense.

Yes countries are using Islam as a political tool for their own gain, yes some people are killing in the name of Islam, this does not mean that Islam is wrong... it is just how some people mis interpret the verses of the Quran/Sunnah and use it for their own gain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement In Islam [ 14 Answers ]

SALAM ALA KUM! BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIRRAHIM. I am very confused about the judgement in islam. If someone becomes muslim, or mend their way and become good then ALLAH(GOD) will change their bad deeds into good and will hide their bad deeds on day of judgement. This makes me wonder...

Islam and Judaism [ 60 Answers ]

Peace and love to everyone I want to understand the difference between Islam and Judaism, there roots between the children of Abraham, who is the founder of all 3 faiths (Judaism, Chriostianity and Islam) to one God Almighty, and the Ka'Baa.. Can someone explain what Isaac and Jacob have to...

Islam [ 14 Answers ]

I am in a World REligion class in college and the professor says that the religion of Islam is actually a peaceful religion. However, many of my classmates argue that it is terroristic in nature because of their belief in martyrdom(?). You know the saying "Kill the infadels." This seems to...

Father of Islam [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know who is the Father of Islam.. Does it have to Do with Abraham or maybe other descendants of Noah..

Shi'ah (islam) [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a term paper in my world history class on Shi'ism, the main branch of Islam that isn't Sunni, and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good books on Shi'ism or knows of any websites... Let me know! Thanks!

View more questions Search