Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmlykken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Recall forwarded message sent.
    I need to know recall a message forwarded through Smart Zone Communications/Internet Explorer and delete message sent or resend original message forwarded and resend, however, I do not know how and where to locate tool to do this? Email sent has no attachments or pictures just plain text and it is in my sent box or folder of emails sent. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2009, 03:10 PM

Generally you can't recall a sent message
    joel0613 Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Apr 21, 2009, 07:23 PM

Under tools, you can recall the message. If you use 2007 Outlook, open the message and then under other actions is recall message. Beware that most of the time, the email is left on the machine with the subject crossed out. The person will know that you recalled the message. It's always a good idea to send a new email right away.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 22, 2009, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joel0613 View Post
    Under tools, you can recall the message. If you use 2007 Outlook, open the message and then under other actions is recall message. Beware that most of the time, the email is left on the machine with the subject crossed out. The person will know that you recalled the message. It's always a good idea to send a new email right away.

This would have been good advice if the OP was using Outlook 2007. However, it looks like they were using a WEB based e-mail. In any case, Recall will only work, if the recipient's E-mail server supports the feature and then only if the mail hasn't been opened yet.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2009, 05:47 AM
    Using Outlook to recall a message only works in a corporate Exchange server environment. Looks like the OP is using an ISP so he has no options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recall recall recall please read [ 15 Answers ]

This book has some nasty errors on wiring. Many home owners use this kind of book to do wiring in there home and this is why I posted the warning. Asso see Gov web site for more info http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09078.html NEWS from CPSC U.S. Consumer Product Safety...

Can a W-2 be forwarded? [ 2 Answers ]

If you have moved and filled out a change of address at the post office to have your mail forwarded, would your W-2 be forwarded also? I heard it was considered a government document & the post office would not forward it but would send it back to the addressor. Is this true?

How to recall a message sent [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, How does one recall a message sent by mistake from a Yahoo account to a Hotmail account ?

View more questions Search