Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leland48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Won't Idle.
    My 11-12 Year old Craftsman 14hp rider will not idle properly. If I throttle all the way down, it will die. It runs fine while mowing. Any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 12:49 PM

Before you try any repair add some SeaFoam or comparable carb cleaner to your tank. Mow the yard a few times to see if this cleans out any crud and always start the season with fresh fuel not stored over the winter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 6.0l GMC Idle [ 1 Answers ]

My 6.0l GMC won't idle when cold. No check engine light. Any Suggesttions?

Fluctuating idle [ 2 Answers ]

My 1992 Toyota Pick-up, 22r, the idle flucuates up and down, up and down at a rapid pace. This occurs while sitting idle and slows down a little when the brake pedal is pressed. While the idle is fluctuating there is no heat to the vehicle. After driving for a period it will smooth out and idle...

High idle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1989 chevy blazer with a 5.7 liter. I have changed temp sensor and throttle position sensor, but still have high idle. Wondering what else to check to remedy problem?

88 Chevy has fluctuating idle and extremely low idle turning either direction. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 88 Chevy pickup. It originally started as a low idle when turning sharp either directing (and sometimes dieing) and evolved into the idle fluctuating up and down when you are straight. I don't notice this when driving, only when idling or turning. I took it to a Chevy dealer, and they...

View more questions Search