Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 06:28 AM
    OCR Software for Dell 942 AIO Printer
    I have a Dell 942 AIO printer, which I had gotten used some time ago. I use the scanner for faxing and emailing and it works great! However, I cannot scan a document to Microsoft Word or Wordpad, etc. I get an error message stating that I have to download the OCR application from the Dell CD. Unfortunately, I do not have a Dell CD. How can I get around this problem? There are many times when it would be so convenient to be able to scan to Word and I get so frustrated. Any help will be appreciated.:confused::rolleyes:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2009, 07:03 AM

First OCR is not that accurate. It depends on the quality of the original and how that document is formatted.

Having said that, you may be able to download the OCR from DEll's website. Just enter the model and search for downloads.

If that doesn't work, then there are several OCR packages on the market, Omnipage, Iris, Abbey are some of the names. Just Google OCR software and you will find some. Some might even have free trials. They may not work directly with your AIO, so you might have to scan to a TIF first then have the OCR software read the TIF file.
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 07:55 AM

I understand how to download OCR software and I do appreciate your recommendations. However, I do not know how to make the software work with my scanner. Words of one syllable or less would be a great help because I am not a computer whiz!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2009, 08:37 AM

I answered that. I don't know if you can use a third party software automatically. If you can download the software from Dell, when you install it, it should plug into the scanner software.
    But if you can't get it to work directly, you can still make it work by scanning to a TIF and then opening the TIF with the OCR software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Printer Cartridge error 50C [ 1 Answers ]

My printer shows cartridge error 50C how do I fix this?

Dell AIO 922 printer [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, I have a Dell Printer and it won't feed the paper. I have to manually slid one sheet at a time about halfway down it for it to grab and pull in the rest of the way. If I don't it says it is out of paper. If I feed more then one sheet it tried to take all of them. Also, when it...

Print codes for Dell Laser Printer [ 1 Answers ]

I write software and need to know the printer code to send to a Dell Laser Color printer to have it select the multipurpose tray instead of the main tray so it will print envelops from that tray. Anyone know the ascii code to accomplish this?

View more questions Search