Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink_tink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
    My boyfriend doesn't seem interested in sex !
    I've been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now, we really love each other. But we don't seen to have sex at all really ? We waited about 7months before we had it until we had things sorted. When we first done it it was amazing! And done it constant for 4days then it stopped and now nothing at all ! It always seems to be that wants it and he just shrugs it off. I try talking to him about it but he changes the subject.

I don't know what to do about it?

I'm even thinking of breaking up as I feel I have urges too but I do really love him, he is the best boyfriend in the world.

HELP!!
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Apr 15, 2009, 01:02 PM

Since sex was great at the beginning, he's probably physically OK. So the thing that changed is psychological/relational. You also say that you love each other, so one can assume that you trust each other and are good friends.

Talk with him about it. Gently insist on having a dialog. Don't let him change the subject. Your relationship depends on it.

Tell him that this missing piece is important to you, and that you want to understand his experience and his ideas about where sex fits into your relationship. Does he have issues with you? With being in a long-lasting relationship? If you are a gay couple (please forgive me if this is intrusive, but your screen name leads me to ask about this) is he lifelong gay? Or, has he started questioning his nature? If you are female, has your body changed?

Make it safe for him to tell you what is going on in him. Don't push for a return to sex; just understand his position, his issues. He owes you some candor and you can draw it out.

Revealing what he hasn't been comfortable revealing, and having it met with understanding could be enough to turn him back on. Or, he might feel constrained by being committed to one relationship, even though you get along well. The act of revealing himself safely and honestly to you makes you a "new" person.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 15, 2009, 01:32 PM

We can speculate all day, but the person that you should be talking to is your boyfriend. He's the one with the answer.
    pink_tink Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 02:08 PM

taoplr - I am female and no my body hasn't changed at all since we started going out.

You say about issues with me I don't understand what you mean by that ? But I don't think he has about relationships this is first real long term relationship but it is him that wants to make it serious, I on the other hand have some issues and doubts with relationships as I had a few bad past experiences.
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

Apr 15, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink_tink View Post
    taoplr - I am female and no my body hasn't changed at all since we started going out.
    OK That rules out one possibility.

You say about issues with me I don't understand what you mean by that ? But I don't think he has about relationships this is first real long term relationship but it is him that wants to make it serious, I on the other hand have some issues and doubts with relationships as I had a few bad past experiences.
    By "issues with you" I mean is there something in your interactions that makes him uncomfortable being intimate or sexy? What changed?

Bottom line, you have to talk about it with him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 08:42 AM

The honeymoon is over, and now its time to work together through honest communications to identify, and resolve your issues. Then you will have a relationship that's healthy, and will grow.

Without that communications, you cannot do the work it takes to survive as a couple.

Oh you thought love would be enough? Its not, and sex ain't love. Things change, and you have to make some adjustments together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is not that interested in sex [ 4 Answers ]

I am 27 and my boyfriend is 29; we have been together for over 3 years and we are crazy for each other. We were 2 years in the distance and I moved to London for him. In January we moved together to a new apartment. Our relationship is very good, although we don't have much time for each other due...

Boyfriend not interested in sex [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend and I have been having a lot of problems. Generally, I get upset because he can be quite robotic and unaffectionate. When I get upset, he suddenly becomes very attentive and affectionate. It makes me feel silly for being upset in the first place, but then he goes back to being...

Boyfriend not interested in sex [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - I've been dating a guy for about six months. We seemed to have a very strong connection in the beginning but decided to wait to have sex. He is 31 and I am 27. So, we waited about three months and at some point, he told me that he was in love with me. I had very strong feelings for him,...

My boyfriend seems less interested in me [ 5 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 6 months now and lately he seems less interestedin me. He works 3 jobs and goes toschool full time. He lives about 10 minutes from me so he's pretty close. In the beginning, we wanted to spend every second we had free together but now he seems to spend like 2...

Boyfriend doesn't seem to be as interested in sex [ 8 Answers ]

I am totally confused about this. I'm 37 and he's 31. When we first met a year ago, everyone (his friends) kept telling me how he was obsessed with sex. His ex wife said she had issues with him because of his high sex drive. She said he always pestered her and she was glad he met a nympho who...

View more questions Search