Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fredellis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Calorie counting
    This might be a silly question but you won't know unless you ask,too count calories do you add up calories+calories from fat+carbs+sodium... this always puzzled me.Or do you add everything that stores fat from the nutrient fact chart?
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2006, 04:27 PM
    Your question is a bit confusing, I'm not really sure what you're asking.

When counting calories, you just need to look at the nutritional panel on food packets. It will say "Energy" and then how many calories/kilojoules it has. If it is only listed in kilojoules, simply divide that number by 4.2 and you will get the amount of calories.

Once you get a bit of a background in nutrition, you will know how much fat/sugar is too much, say per 100g. It is good for the food you are eating to be low in saturated fat (monounsaturated is a good fat, so don't put everything back that just appears to be high in fat - read the breakdown first), reasonably low in salt and sugar.

Like I said, I'm not sure exactly what your question was asking, but I hope this helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

34 weeks and counting [ 7 Answers ]

Well the dr said that he wants me to wait till Friday before going into labor. He also wrote a perscription to help make that possible. The babies are 4lbs 4oz and doing great. I have an appointment next week, he said if I make it that long. I am one and a half cm dialated and measuring full term...

28 week checkup... Seven months and counting [ 2 Answers ]

I just thought you might like an update on how things are proceeding with the twins as far as my doc appointments go... I started at the dr's at around eight thirty this morning and waited and hour to have my blood drawn to test for the Rh antibodies and for my three hour glucose test... yuck....

Counting Cells If several criteria are true [ 1 Answers ]

Another question. I'd like to count the number of cells in column C that have "incorrect" in them, if the corresponding cells in column A have "people" in it, and column B has "intact" in it. So if A = people and B = intact, count all C that = incorrect. Thanks!

View more questions Search