Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    battagti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Vacation Time off
    Can my Employer ask me what my time off is for when using Vacation time, or if I have to go to the Doctor, what is the Law regarding time off
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 10:51 AM

If it's vacation time, no. If it's sick time, I believe your employer can ask for a note from your Physician.

Employment contract or agreement?
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 11:01 AM

You are entitled to use your vacation time how you wish... it is time earned and due to you.
    You are not required to give any explanation as to what you do in that time or where you go.

However if your employer is just being friendly then the choice is yours.

If you have time off for a Doctors appointment, which needs your employers permission as it's in working hours, then obviously you would have to say it is for that appointment, but you would not have to say why you need to see a Doctor, that's private.

If you have already booked some vacation time off for the appointment then that remains your private business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacation time [ 2 Answers ]

I know how my boss can be a major ***, and he has been on my *** for the past few weeks about the littlest things, but, hypothetically, if I put a request for vacation time in (I'm giving two weeks advance notice for this vacation) and he not only denies it, but fires me for requesting it, or if he...

Being forced to take vacation time. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am a salaried employee in North Carolina, and as such, understand that I am expected to work additional hours as needed without additional compensation. My concern is that I am being required to take vacation time when I miss an hour of work due to a doctor's appointment. I thought that...

Vacation time [ 1 Answers ]

We are going on vacation for almost three weeks. We have a deep well where we live. Do we need someone to flush our toilet or run water maybe every other day to keep the pump active. Also, should hot water be run to keep our water heater in good running conditon. Thank you. Wasn't sure if these...

Vacation time frame [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have been working with this employee since jan of this year and I am planning to switch to another employer but I do have 3 weeks of vacation as per my employement agreement .My question is can I ask my HR to encash my vacation time ?(I have been with this company only for 11 months...

Vacation time [ 5 Answers ]

I put my notice at my job and I'm going on vacation during that time of notice. Do I get paid for vacation and the remainder of the days that are left?

View more questions Search