Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alabamarose Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Will bands perform at charity gigs free of charge?
    I am an event manager and promoter, so far I've been putting on monthly burlesque shows, which are going quite well at the level that which burlesque is at at the moment, which is obviously not huge.

I am aiming next year to hold a weekend of music. The venue in mind holds around 1300 people. I am not daunted by the work involved but more to meeting band demands.
    Just wondering if anyone has any idea if I were to get more popular bands to play if they would do the gig for free as its for charity, or do bands usually still require some kind of fee?

Thanks for any help :)
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Apr 13, 2009, 11:00 AM

You probably will have to pay them, but you will draw a bigger crowd and raise a lot more money for your charity with a big name star quality act.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you know any of these bands? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just curious as to who listens to the same type of music that I do. Tell me if you listen to any of these, I've been told that I have odd taste in music. Haha - circle jerks - surf Nazis must die - architecture in Helsinki - Animal collective - circa survive - explosions in the sky -...

Gigs & gigs of music [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I have a program called intellimover, but it won't transfer from a 32 bit to a 64 bit computer, which is what I bought. How do I get those gigs of music transferred over without reinstalling every disk? excon

Football arm bands [ 1 Answers ]

What are the bands that football players wear on their arms?

Music, bands [ 1 Answers ]

Have spineshank split up or are they still together?

View more questions Search