Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlueEyedBoi79 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Abcesses And Lancing.
    It seems like every other month I get these abscesses that get rather large and need lancing (which gets very annoying and irritating... by the way) I've used anti-bacterial soups, my dr has given me creams, I've changed my diets and nothing will make them stop. They hurt and I always seem to get them either 1) on my back in random places, 2) my arm pits which makes it hard to wear bras and stuff 3) my butt, 4) my sides, 5) my neck... They always seem to get bigger than a soft ball if not larger. And they always seem to get lines of red from the center of this thing/abscess all the way around the edges where its hard... is there any way I can get rid of them without having to spend hours in a emergency room to be sliced open and have gauze shoved down in..? It hurts and I'm fed up with it all... let me know if anyone has any other options... it would be GREATLY appreciated! :rolleyes::D
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

May 5, 2009, 01:48 AM

See a dermatologist ASAP!! This could be a disease called hidradenitis supperativa, or HS. Do some searches on the web. Have you just recently, the last few years or so, had these cycts? If it had an onset around or near puberty, it is more likely to be HS. It is thought to be a disease of the apocrine sweat glands, and you need to get treatment immediately to help stave off a worsening of the condition, it can be totally debilitating. I myself have HS, not too bad, stage 2 and managing OK. The most common areas to get it are in the armpits, groin, anal region, back of the neck. For women, it goes along with monthly hormone fluctuations as well. There are several treatments, but no cures. Try starting a regimine of Zinc supplements, 50-90mg a day, split up into 2 or 3 doses. This can take up to 3 months to work, but most people have seen improvement. Zinc does interfere with iron absorption, so be careful if you have problems with anemia. Tumeric (the food spice) has also helped people and lessened their outbreaks. Some swear by tee tree oil, and others it doesn't help. Please please please see a qualified doctor and do your research before you go. Many doctors have never treated this disease and have no idea how to go about it. I hope you DON'T have HS. Best of luck.

By the way, I'm not a medical professional, just a person with experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search