Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathysusan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 05:26 AM
    state filing with 4 w-2's from 4 states
    I lived in CO x 2 years. Left Co in 5/2008,worked 3 months in Alaska, 2 months in WI and then to CA for 2 months. My federal file was filed resident of CO,though I no longer have a physical residence there,and will not be returning there. I will not be staying in CA. I know Alaska I do not need to file a return. I am not sure if I file full year with CO and non-resident with WI and CA. Part year CO and non-resident WI and CA On the state web sites it appears I will need to file with CO,WI and CA. Thank you:confused:
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 09:45 AM

File part year resident returns for CO, WI and CA.
    If you are present in a state, then any income earned during this period, must be reported to the state.
    Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Working or Living in Two or More states

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two state tax filing, temporary residence in two states and medical [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - Thanks in advance for all the help! My wife worked in NC from 1/1/08 - 7/25/08, relocated to KY from 7/25/08 - 9/18/08, then back to NC for the rest of 08 (with no income). While in KY, she had 3 jobs and made less then $1000. Question is, do I need to file like this: NC - Joint...

State Filing (Income in 2 states, own house in another) [ 1 Answers ]

I own a house in Maryland (was primary residence January-September 2007), had earned income in MD from Jan-April 2007, moved to NJ October 1st and have earned income in New York October-December 2007 (state on drivers license is still Maryland, and I am renting the studio in NJ, while I still own...

Filing state taxes from two states [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I live in Virginia. Mu husband is employed in Virginia but I have a virtual home office and receive my pay check from Colorado Springs, CO. How do we go about filing our 2006 state taxes?

Filing state taxes in two states (IL and MD) [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax Expert, I have the following questions for you: 1. Both me and my husbands work on H1B visas and we are considered residents for tax purposes. Last year we filed a joint tax return for federal and IL state taxes. We plan on filing jointly this year. My husband changed jobs in Nov...

Filing state taxes for two different states [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if I'm filing state taxes for two different states,do I need a special form or do I file separate?

View more questions Search