Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czaruba1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2003, 05:56 PM
    North Dakota
    I'm writing a book that takes place in North Dakota, near Bismarck. Any information about the area would be helpful, like the landscape, climate, and especially the dialect... What kind of accent do people there have, and what slang do they use, etc. Thanks!
    juanruiz Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2003, 07:27 AM
    North Dakota
    Bismarck is on the Missouri River. It is located on the Great Plains, at a point where flat land begins to give way to more rolling land. In the summer it is hot and can be humid. In the winter it is very cold (below zero) and has quite a bit of snow. The dialect is midwestern English. Don't believe, though, that everyone speaks like they did in the movie "Fargo."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

89 dakota ignition problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 89 dodge dakota 3.9l. The engine turns over, but will not fire. Problem seems to be intermittent. When not firing, zero voltage at coil. What is causing this? I started my truck 20-30 times this afternoon with no problem... now won't start. Accessories always work OK though.

North American Union [ 17 Answers ]

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=14965 In my opinion, the only way to end many of our current problems such as immigration, is to open all borders and creat a North American Union. Canada, America and Mexico become all one country. My question is, what will we gain and what...

Dakota won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1993 dodge dakota 5.2 FI has no fire and no fuel. Can make make the fuel work manually and have replaced pickup coil. Could the computer control both of these or??

2000 Dodge Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota . The High beam lights work as well as the indicator also the daytime running/ fog lights work but I have no LOW BEAM lights. Anyone have an idea about the wiring diagram or relays. Thanks... Rick...

89 dodge dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dakota 2.5 liter that is running very rough, it sounds like it is misfiring, I replaced the distributor and rotor, it is better but is still popping. Any advice would be very helpful.

View more questions Search