Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 08:27 PM

Lama, I'm sure you've had an entire day of people yelling at you on this thread... so I won't do that. It's not that I agree with you, it's just that there's no point in beating a dead horse when the horse doesn't know it's dead.. . if that made sense...

I'm going to say... that I'm 23. I know that sounds ancient to you, but I remember being 13 very well. I was freshly into puberty, very horny, and wanted to be with someone very closely.

Now that I'm 23, however, I realized that having a child would have been a nightmare. The people here are telling you not to do this for a reason. They were 13 once, and they got older, and realized that it would have been impossibly hard to take care of a child if they were to ever get pregnant.

Also, you have to realize that ALL of these people are telling you that it's a bad idea. On a poll, that would mean that you have a general consensus that having sex with a guy at 13 is a bad idea. In court, you'd be considered guilty unanimously.

Enjoy being 13, good things come later. Trust me.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama22 View Post
    God u all seriously think wayyyy took much. And no my spring break starts tomorrow so scratch that idea! I. Come to this website to share my feeling and what I want help with all u don't need to be biotches about it! My lord!!
    I did help you, this is the best help you can get. You ask a dumb question you get a dumb response. I highly doubt you thought anyone would be okay with what you had to ask.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 12:11 AM

God u all seriously think wayyyy took much. And no my spring break starts tomorrow so scratch that idea! I. Come to this website to share my feeling and what I want help with all u don't need to be biotches about it! My lord!!
    Okay, I gave you an answer in a respectful tone.
    Even though I don't believe you were answering ME specifically, I KNOW you shouldn't be disrespectful to anyone here. Even though their answers were disrespectful, you came seeking help and they ALL told you what you needed to hear in different ways.

Lately I've been thinking....
    Yes, you've been thinking:
    Thinking that you want to ruin your life.
    Thinking that you want to burden everyone around you.
    Thinking you want to force hundreds of tax payers to support you enough to scrape by.
    Thinking that you are going to bring an innocent soul into this world to be tortured by an inexperienced, unprepared, and stupid mother.

You say everyone here thinks "too much",
    Honey, you aren't even beginning to think AT ALL.
    Quit being stupid, and take the ADVICE of EVERYONE here.
    45notdaddy Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Apr 10, 2009, 12:20 AM

Anybody else thinking of the Cartman on Maury bit from South Park right now?

Whatever | South Park | Comedy Central Video

Whateva whateva I do what I want!

Ok, Lama - I'll have a Big and Tasty meal extra pickle and no salt on my fries (best way to get fresh fries because there's always salt packets).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morshep95 View Post
    ok im also 13 and i also have a 16 year old bf i mean i have though about making a baby with him but i though about it and i agree with everyone else ...ITS A BAD IDEA! But i understand..

About the sex thing....umm the only advice i have for you is:
    1. Get on birth control and have him wear protection
    2.umm how long have you been with him...at least wait for 3 or 4 months
    and three WATCH OUT....im sorry for saying this but he's 16 of corse he's gonna want sex just see if he really cares first ....

K...well i hope i helped!
    This is mostly good advice. Except for the issue that no form of birth controil is 100%, you have given good advice that maybe Lama will accept from a peer.

The real problem here is that Lama does not understand that we don't think we know everything, but we do know that a 13 year old is not mature enough to make these decisions.

I notice Lama is totally ignoring all the problems we have raised. She refused to even argue the points. I suspect this is either because a) she'a troll just trying to get a rise out of people or b) she knows she is wrong and can't come up with a good counter argument.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 10, 2009, 09:00 AM

Lama, if you think any of these answers to your question are offensive to your lack of sensibility, you are definitely not ready to have sex, OR EVEN CLOSE to knowing what being a mother is all about!

You have got serious self esteem issues, or you would not be so angry at the advice being given to you from people here that know what you don't know. I think you need to step back and think about this! Admit to yourself that at 13, you don't know, what you don't know! Knowledge comes from experience, and that is why you are getting the advice given to you here.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:11 AM
    ... And no my spring break starts tomorrow so scratch that idea....
    Just noticed this...
    It seems to me like that IS what you want. You just wanted to come here and get someone to say "you go girl" before you went and made the biggest mistake of your life.
    Well, here's news to you, it WILL BE the BIGGEST MISTAKE of your LIFE.

Just read all the above posts
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Lama if you want a teen's perspective here is a story that I hope will open your eyes :

Hello my name is Larissa
    One month before my 16th birthday i found out i was pregnant
    This was very exciting because i was trying to get pregnant with my boyfriend at the time
    Now i just shake my head really i don't know what i was thinking
    I feel like i just needed someone to take care of and to make my life better
    I am currently 16-years-old and 10weeks and 5days pregnant
    I have been kicked out of the house and currently looking for a place to stay
    i have been looking into a place called Bethesda Centre in support with the Salvation Army
    Its a home for pregnant and partening teens
    It provides support, schooling, everything i could ask for
    i really hope i will be able to go there if not i want to find an apartment ang go to school aswell as a job, which really seems overwhelming
    My ex boyfriend and the father of my child is very mean and selfish about this pregnacy
    First of all he doesn't want me to have this baby and has been trying to get me jumped and make me lose the baby
    Though i told him i was keeping the baby he said he HAS to be in the babys life or he will take me to court for it
    He has threatened me before and did aswell today
    I am fed up so i will be calling the cops on him when my parents get back
    How can anyone say to someone having a baby that they want to kill you but keep the baby or just trying to kick you in the stomach to kill the baby it is very wrong
    I have balled my eyes out so many times for the safety of me and my unborn child
    I know that im am going to be stong and will do my best to make it though this rough time
    I can't wait to find out the sex of my baby and finally when it comes sometime in late October 2009
    I would just to say thank you for everyone who has written on this site without all of your stories and support i would have gotten an abortion i was just 5 days away when i broke out and told everyone that i didn't want to get an abortion so THANK YOU everyone <3
    And also anyone who reads these stories and is unsure about what they want to do please remember that anyone can get though this if you try it doesn't matter the age im having this baby at 16 but look at how many people are pregnant and already have kids younger that what i am
    Please think long and hard
    it is tough but trust me you can and will get though it

lots of love
    Larissa

These are just one of many teens who made a bad decision, either by choice or just not being sexually smart [using contraception properly, etc]

If you want to read more see here: Teen Mothers; Their Stories

Sarah
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 10, 2009, 09:39 AM

Lama22, here's what you should do:
    Have you ever heard of those practice robot babies? I'm not sure what they are called but there are classes that you can take that have them. When they cry you have to turn it off using a key. They are programed so the teacher knows when they have been neglected. There was a child study program when I was in middle school for girls your age and every person who took it used the doll and thought that they could handle it but they couldn't. They would come to school so tired and they hated the doll. Maybe you can try one of those classes to see how it is. Or even try babysitting. Talk to your parents about it. I don't think that getting pregnant at a youg age is good idea because so many girls at my high school get pregnant and can't keep up with school. They usually drop out and work at the dollar store (seriously). You have to think ahead. Do you know what you are going to do after you have the baby? Are you going to be able to go to school, have a job, and take care of a baby at the same time? Is the father of your baby going to care? I'm not that much older than you and I already know how it is because there are so many girls I know that are like you. The people on this site are not trying to make your choices for you. We are just telling you what it is going to be like if you decide to have a baby.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:43 AM

Children are great, and it's great that you want to be a mother. As it has been mentioned children need a lot of things like diapers, bottles, formula, clothes, a crib and numerous, countless things. The feeling of being pregnant is amazing, your growing something inside of you. Being a mother is hard work and quite awesome. If you want to have a baby, wait. Wait. You want to finish school don't you? You want to go out with your friends to prom don't you? You don't want to be sitting at home taking care of a baby while your friends are out there having fun without you. In fact they will forget you. Who really knows if the baby's father will be there, it's very rare that they do. I have many friends whom aren't with their child's father.

Everyone can tell you DON'T DO IT. DON'T BE STUPID. But it is ultimately your decision no matter how many keys we press, how hard we type on our keyboards, or how much we want to go through the computer and basically slap you over the head.

Think about the PROS and CONS. Sure there would be a little cutie by your side, but how are you going to support it? Welfare isn't fun; you'll end up living in some ghetto where it's unsafe for you and your child. Welfare pays for just enough food, and let me tell you babies get hungry, you'll get hungry. How are you going to finish school if you need a job. If you really want a baby, get off the computer right now. Get a notebook, write all the PROS and CONS and be realistic. If you think your smart, your wise enough to make this decision, do what any adult would do: see the facts before making a life changing decision.

I'm here for support.

If it seems that other ask me helpers are being rude, mean or just plain bit--y, it is not their intention. All of us are really trying to open your eyes.

Sarah
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Omfg
    ( I mutter, confused and pondering )
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Apr 10, 2009, 10:57 AM

Take a look at this hun, before you go all off on us again...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ve-303617.html

Not only do you need to think this over but you need some respect education added to all the other things you need!
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Apr 10, 2009, 11:14 AM

I'm going to make a completely unjudgemental remark.

Reconsider, please.

If you care for this boy, your family, and the potential baby, you will reconsider.

Getting pregnant at 13 is not the way to go.

It's not cool to have kids when you're still a kid yourself.

If you are looking for someone to unconditionally love you, for goodness sakes get a puppy.

Do not put that baby through hell just to make yourself happy.

You aren't ready to do this, obviously, or else you'd not be asking people you don't know from eve about one of the most personal decisions ever.

You can't afford a baby, and I seriously doubt you even know how to take care of one.

Wouldn't you rather wait and have fun as a teenager, I don't condone this, but you'll miss out on all parties, and anything like that because of the kid.

Talk to your councillor and go to a clinic and get some birthcontrol and condoms.

Don't choose wrong, it wll effect you for the rest of your life.

Apr 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by godsbabygirl267 View Post
    I'm going to make a completely unjudgemental remark.

Reconsider, please.

If you care for this boy, your family, and the potential baby, you will reconsider.

Getting pregnant at 13 is not the way to go.

It's not cool to have kids when you're still a kid yourself.

If you are looking for someone to unconditionally love you, for goodness sakes get a puppy.

Do not put that baby through hell just to make yourself happy.

You aren't ready to do this, obviously, or else you'd not be asking people you don't know from eve about one of the most personal decisions ever.

You can't afford a baby, and I seriously doubt you even know how to take care of one.

Wouldn't you rather wait and have fun as a teenager, I don't condone this, but you'll miss out on all parties, and anything like that because of the kid.

Talk to your councillor and go to a clinic and get some birthcontrol and condoms.

Don't choose wrong, it wll effect you for the rest of your life.

NOT EVEN A PUPPY!

GO GET YOURSELF A TAMAGOTCHI!

Tamagotchi image by tamagotchi910 on Photobucket
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana52408 View Post
    NOT EVEN A PUPPY!

GO GET YOURSELF A TAMAGOTCHI!!

Tamagotchi image by tamagotchi910 on Photobucket
    Darnit, I bought my kids one and they passed it on to me, I couldn't keep the darn thing alive, it kept dying. :eek:

This is not a good sign. ;)

Apr 10, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Darnit, I bought my kids one and they passed it on to me, I couldn't keep the darn thing alive, it kept dying. :eek:

This is not a good sign. ;)

LMAOO that's cause you have to constantly be paying attention to them JUST LIKE A BABY FYIIIIIIIIIIIII LAMA22!! ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana52408 View Post
    LMAOO thats cause you have to constantly be paying attention to them JUST LIKE A BABY FYIIIIIIIIIIIII LAMA22!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
    But I have two kids, they survived, why can't I keep the tomagotchi thingy alive? Ahhh, memories. It was fun though, until the batteries died. :(

I should go find it, get new batteries, see if I have better luck this time. ;)
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 10, 2009, 11:44 AM

Your posts on this forum very clearly show that you are a long way from being mature enough to handle the responsibilities of parenthood. You are not ready to take care of yourself, let alone another human being. You are just a child! Having a baby doesn't just effect your life but EVERYONE around you, including the child and its father as well as both of your families. Are you really so willing to sacrifice the rest of your childhood? Once you become a mother its no longer about you or what you want anymore.

Apr 10, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    But I have two kids, they survived, why can't I keep the tomagotchi thingy alive? Ahhh, memories. It was fun though, until the batteries died. :(

I should go find it, get new batteries, see if I have better luck this time. ;)

Hahaha, I always liked cleaning up the poop thingy lol and naming them was awesome too, every time the batteries died I would run to home depot or best buy to get new ones lol I even got my 5th grade teacher to get one!

You can pause them when you have to do something so they don't die, lol for kids those are great, maybe this little 13 year old can get one of those! :D;):D
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:03 PM

I think I've hit on her "idea" guys. It seems that she and all her friends have been watching too much TV and think that a baby is the latest "accessory" that one should have. It does not matter if they ar 13 or 14 or have a husband (not boyfriend but husband), a place to live, a job, or any of that stupid nonsense.

The baby is just the latest accessory and a definite "must have" for all teenage girls these days.

I don't blame Lama for wanting one but I sure do wonder what she's going to do with it once she gets tired of it and I guarantee that will happen real quick.

So Lama, what are you going to do with the kid when you get bored with it or it keeps screaming in your ear that it's hungry or has a dirty diaper? Trade it in for a doll that does not cry or poop? Give it to your parents to raise for you? Take it back to the hospital and try and return it?

Please try not to be so hung up on what's on TV anymore, Lama, as you need to realize that this TV world is just make believe and the real world can be nothing so glamorous as what it's made out to be on TV. Try to ignore all the pretty actresses who get pregnant and not get married. They are not very good role models for young girls like you and your friends.

Sex is not really all that it's cracked up to be either, by the way and more than likely if you actually DO IT with that boy of 16 he's going to be cruising off in another direction because you are a "pushover" and guys do not like a pushover. Trust me on this. They like girls that are hard to get and don't just put out to everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search