Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skin perfect Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Good exfoliating soap?
    Hi, can someone recommend me a good exfoliating soap?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 12:49 PM

Burts Bees Bay Rum Exfoliating Bar Soap is my favourite!

MRS.S
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Apr 8, 2009, 12:55 PM

I don't know the exact name brands, but if you go to any health foods store, they have soaps that have what look like tiny (for lack of a better word,) "splinters," in them. I love those soaps, they really work.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 11:44 AM

Well funky mommy has a new soap called gluta-blend soap. Its glutathione soap and kojic acid soap blended together with exfoliating beeds! Omg I'm so getting some tomorrow.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Apr 10, 2009, 04:33 AM
    Kojic acid
    skin perfect Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    Well funky mommy has a new soap called gluta-blend soap. Its glutathione soap and kojic acid soap blended together with exfoliating beeds! Omg I'm so getting some tomorrow.
    Ooh that sounds good. Ima check out the site!
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2009, 01:26 AM

What's funky mommy?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 12, 2009, 07:10 PM

It's the name of a skin lightening brand.

Apr 12, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    it's the name of a skin lightening brand.

:( ookkkayyyyy! That will help! Gee!

Thanks ever so much:confused:

Apr 13, 2009, 07:00 AM

Lol. They sell soap and cream. Here's more info:http://www.funkymommy.net/skinlightening.html

Apr 13, 2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks now I can find that!

Apr 14, 2009, 09:38 AM

I saw a couple of other sites that also sell it. If you goggle funky mommy products you can probably find it cheaper somewhere. I saw a lot of other lightening soaps on skinlighteningexperts.com also.

Apr 15, 2009, 02:23 PM

Sorry it's skinwhiteningexperts.com not lightening

Apr 15, 2009, 08:50 PM

You are a little so w/ the complete info.?
    Oh well now you tell me. I ordered it from funky mommy... thanks next time I will look at the skin lightening.. .

Apr 16, 2009, 09:31 AM

Gee... sorry:(
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 05:50 PM

What soap are you guys talking about cause now I've upgraded to a 3 in1 whitening soap it has kojic acid, papaya, and placenta and it burns like hell on certain parts of my body OMG it makes me peel a lot, is this the soap you guys are talking about

Apr 16, 2009, 06:11 PM

I was talking about the funky mommy soaps and the lightening soaps on the skinwhiteningexperts.com website. I haven't tried them, but the kojic acid is probably what is burning your skin. I read somewhere that it can do that. Maybe you should use the gultathione soap. Gultathione doesn't have side effects, but I'm not sure if the soap form would dry out your skin. Do you use lotion after you wash with the soap? That would probably help. I use lemon juice on my skin and it burns, but after I use lotion it's fine. The same concept would probably work for you. Try rubing your skin gently with a washcloth or pumice stone in the shower to get the dead skin off.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 07:28 PM

Pumice stone OK ill Google it thanks for the advice

Apr 16, 2009, 09:49 PM

You can get a pumice stone from any store. They are used to remove dead skin from feet, but I also use them on my body. It works well. Find one that isn't very sharp.

Apr 16, 2009, 09:52 PM

Kojic acid soap I got from eBay.It is strong. I was putting mono lotion on after I didn't burn right away but later that night I would itch a lot. S I cut back to 3 times a week. Now Im using fair & white soap w/ aloe. Then I use the HQ after. This soap sting just a little.
    I could never use a pumice stone on my skin. I can barely use it on my feet! I gently use exfoliating gloves twice a week, that's it.
    If u burn or irrated your skin u will be darker. I have sensitive skin. Maybe that why I have spots... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen soap dispenser stopped pumping soap [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Moen soap dispenser in my kitchen sink (with the soap reservoir that screws in from underneath and the dispenser/tubing contraption slides in from the top). I slid the dispenser/tubing contraption out to clean it. I disconnected the dispenser part (the knob with the spout) from the...

Has anyone ever tried grisi mother of pearl soap or their papaya soap? [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a bar of grisi mother of pearl soap(concha de nacar) and it is supposed to aid in fading small brown spots. If anyone has had experience withthese two products,can you give me insight as to how well it actually works?

Tone -sugar glow exfoliating body wash brightened my skin [ 9 Answers ]

TONE Sugar Glow Exfoliating Body Wash - ThisNext The above link is for the product I have been using just for two days but I had to come on here and announce it to everyone because I am seeing that it is actually lightening my skin. I normally keep my skin covered with clothing from the sun but...

Kojic acid soap or gluthaninone soap? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm about to start the bleaching process.. I just ordered hq 40% to use on my body and I was wondering which is the strongest soap to use.. kojic or gluthaninone? I'll let you guys know how my bleaching process is working once my products arrive

Papya soap vs glutathione soap [ 3 Answers ]

Which one works better?

View more questions Search