Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coliecole Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 12:14 AM
    Probation and drug testing
    Ok, so I was found guilty of conspiracy to selling oxycodone because my boyfriend was selling pills. Long story short.. I am now on supervised probation for 2 years. I have to do urinalysis once a week for the first month and if I am clean then it gets cut back to once a month and less and less as things are clean. I have used the drug and am worried that I may have tested positive. I used a detox drink(Q-Carbo) and followed the instructions to a Tee. I am on probation in Maryland and my P.O. is a really nice guy. My 1st question is that if your test comes back dirty, does the P.O. usually tell you or will they just violate you without notice? I am freaking out because if I get violated, I am going to jail for 18 months. Also does anyone have any experience with detox drinks for pills? How often with use of the drug will it work/not work? Please no lecturing from you non-drug users, I am sick of hearing it. I need all the information I can get on this topic so please help if anyone knows ANYTHING, from experience or knowing people with a similar situation. Thank You!

Apr 8, 2009, 12:47 AM
    MD probation
    Does anyone know how probation works and how strict they are? I would love to hear about other peoples experiences. I have heard several different point of views. Some people make it sound like a breeze and some people make it sound like hell. I don't know what to think of it.. I def. take it seriously, that's for sure. I have never been on probation before and I feel clueless and don't want to ask my p.o. certain questions because I really don't want to sound guilty. Let me know a.s.a.p please... very worried:eek:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 03:39 AM

I don't know what you mean by not wanting to sound guilty when you talk to your PO - you have already been found guilty if you are on probation.

Yes, some Probation Officers are more strict and less patient than others. As Excon always says, they are not your friends. You obviously know that you were placed on probation for a reason and, therefore, you are being monitored.

My advice? Follow the terms of your probation to the letter or you may very well find yourself in jail, serving the sentence you would have gotten had you not received probation.

As far as what anyone says, me included - only an Attorney familiar with the laws in your State and the circumstances of your conviction can give you 100% accurate advice.

Your thread should be combined - please don't post different versions of the same question. I know it's confusing to learn to use the board but the same people answer on the same boards so you will get the same answers.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 03:45 AM

Please don't dictate how your question will be answered. You are asking for advice on a public board in more than one thread and, quite frankly, I am sick of answering questions from people on probation instead of sitting in jail, still using, trying to beat the system. No one here is answering questions because they have nothing better to do or want to give you more grief - we all come from a place of experience or education.

That being said - research the detox drinks on the Internet - they, across the board, do not work. Some of them simply water down your urine. The excess water in your system also trips the test so you fail for that reason.

The PO "usually" notifies you that you have failed. People have posted that the PO simply turned their file back into the Court system and they were either called back into Court or arrested.

Depends on your PO - if yours is a "nice guy," he is in the minority. Your PO is not there to be your friend.

You have answered a question about your experience with rehab - have you considered it for yourself?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by coliecole View Post
    Also does anyone have any experience with detox drinks for pills?
    Hello c:

They're bunk, and I can't add anything that Judy hasn't covered quite nicely.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 12:37 PM

You seem to quickly forget that you are on probation for a crime. The very fact you are still using oxy tells me that you are far from serious about spending time in jail.

As far as them notifying you that you violated or had a dirty test, don't hold your breath. They more than likely will arrive at your home at 4AM and yell surprise, you're it or more likely wait until you come to them to check in and arrest you on the spot. It can happen both ways but nowadays I'd lean toward the you go to them scenerio as it's cheaper in the long run for them.

And in your other post you say that you're guaranteed a get out of jail free card if you go to rehab. Not so easy. This would be entirely up to the Judge to decide if you can go. And more than likely this is just a stalling technique as well on your part. When you are at a rehab it is basically the same thing as jail in that you are locked up so what's the real difference? There is none that I can see. Either way you are denied your freedom and no, you just can't come home and sleep in your own bed each night either.

Using drugs while on probation is downright stupid of you. You're just afraid that you'll get caught and you probably will get caught.

You need to sit down and read the rules of your probation very very carefully. You have a copy of this I'm sure that they gave you when you were placed on probation so don't tell me you haven't a clue as to what you can and can't do and what the consequences are. The fact the Judge gave you 2 years probation tells me that he knows that you probably won't last that long. Judge's have a built in BS meter I've found and they are seldom wrong when the BS meter flashes off and on. Judges are pretty good at judging someone's sincerity - the longer someone has been a Judge the better their accuracy with the BS meter gets. I've seen it many times to be right on the money. The fact you have to go weekly is also very telling as well. Usually a probationer starts at once a month drug test and you're weekly.

If you happen to skate this time and miraculously pass your test, I predict that you will fail again soon as the allure of the oxy is too much for you to pass up. It is synthetic heroin after all so I can see where you are still using.

And no, this was not a lecture. It was a cold, hard look at your situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2009, 01:17 PM

The detox stuff only gets rid of your money, drinking several quarts of tap water would do as good if not better,
    Next depends on what test they use,

But since it sounds like, ( if you pass first month) then it goes down, my guess, you don't pass the first, they look for lower levels on the second and third, to it is clean, you would stay on weekly for longer.

But in the end, if you don't stay clean, yes you go to prison for 2 years where you will stay clean.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 01:29 PM

Just to ease your mind, you're a user, not a dealer, they want your boyfriend more than they want you. Of the junkies I knew, when they failed they were sent to mandatory rehab.

A friend of mine failed every single drug-test he had and nothing was done about it. It depends on your PO.
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 03:25 PM

I don't know about her State but in NY if you are convicted of conspiracy to sell you ARE a dealer.

Apr 8, 2009, 07:53 PM

Thank You all for you're answers, sorry if I didn't post my questions the "right way" I don't sit on the computer all day long and blog or whatever this is called. Some of you didn't have to be so mean about what I am asking but it's whatever. Thanks anyway.
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Apr 8, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Ok, so I was found guilty of conspiracy to selling oxycodone I am on probation for 2 years. I have to do urinalysis. I have used the drug and am worried. I am freaking out because if I get violated, I am going to jail for 18 months. Also does anyone have any experience with detox drinks for pills? Please no lecturing from you non-drug users, I am sick of hearing it. I need all the information I can get on this topic so please help if anyone knows ANYTHING, from experience or knowing people with a similar situation. Thank You!!
    I shortened your question so I could focus on what you are asking.
    No it isn't OK. Do you really think it is OK to live like that? You want to live the next 2 years being worried and freaked out because you can't stop taking dope long enough to pass a piss test -else you'll go to the slammer for 18 months. If the pills are so great why do you worry and freak out. Aren't they worth the risk? They must be really really good pills to make it seem worth living with all that trouble. Or do you continue to take them because you are addicted and can't stop?

The detox drinks only work by diluting your urine. All of them require you to drink large amount of water in a short period during the immediate hours before giving a specimen. I hope you decide to use this probation time to really kick the pills. They are not OK.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 03:30 AM

Hello People:

MORAL condemnation NOT accepted here. If you don't like criminal behavior - STAY away from the criminal LAW BOARD.

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Thank You all for you're answers, sorry if I didn't post my questions the "right way" I don't sit on the computer all day long and blog or whatever this is called. Some of you didn't have to be so mean about what I am asking but it's whatever. Thanks anyways.

If it's moral support, personal validation, approval of your drug use, then you would be happier on some other thread.

If it's legal advice you want, you got it.

Unfortunately it's not the advice you wanted to hear. If this is your general attitude, I see you violating probation.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 08:54 AM

For the "record" - conspiracy is defined as a combination of two or more persons to accomplish a criminal or unlawful act. Both parties face the same charges.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:45 AM
    [QUOTE=slapshot_oi disagrees: I do not agree..[/QUOTE]

No surprise - you've been following me around, giving reddies, for quite a while. Two in 3 hours, in fact.

So you don't agree with the legal definition of conspiracy? Based on your law degree, experience or research? Or all three?

What is your definition of conspiracy (under the law)?
    LDM2001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2010, 11:47 PM
    I understand that once you are on Probation for whatever reason you are subject to Drug testing. My question is... Do they drug test you on your very 1st visit to Probation??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation drug testing [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I was arrested in NJ in Oct. for simple possession of marijuana. I got a lawyer, went to court and was awarded a conditional discharge with 1 year probation. I have my first probation meeting on Monday and I assume I will be drug tested. I am nervous I will not pass the test or somehow will...

Drug testing for call in probation [ 12 Answers ]

I am on call in probation, my P.O. recently said I can just email him. I was court ordered to take a recovery class and I completed it. Now all I have to do is email my PO and not get arrested. I live two hours away from my my PO, and I was wondering if he will drug test me and how he would if...

Probation drug testing [ 4 Answers ]

I have to see probation in a couple of days. I am so mad at myself because I messed up and did methanphetimes today. How long before I can test clean??

Probation drug testing [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently put on probation for the first time and it says that I can be randomly searched for weapons but the drugs and alcohol part was crossed out. Can I be randomly tested as I know it is illegal to use or posses drugs on probation or at any other time?:confused:

Intense Probation Drug Testing [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently put on 6 months intense probation, after spending 5 months in jail. My crimes are felony identity theft and 2nd degree bulgary. I have to pay back 7k resitition over a 5 yr period. I have been seeing my PO on time every week and have always been home at my designated time...

View more questions Search