Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sidecar Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Dry socket relief
    It has been 5 days since my 4 wisdom teeth have been removed. On the 3rd day I had an intense pain on my lower left hole. Went to the oral surgean next day and he said, I may have a dry socket but he is unsure. He packed the tooth hole and told me to come 2 days later; he also gave me vicodin for the pain. The pain has subsided considerably. The question is when can I smoke again, it has been 5 days now since surgery and the pain is minimal. I am a light smoker, but will I be able to smoke now without it significantly affecting my potential dry socket and my other holes? I have heard wait 48hrs, 72 hrs and 5 days. Just not sure who to listen from. Also, today at lunch I accidently/stupidly drank through a straw approximately 10oz.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 05:52 PM

I'd suggest you not smoke for at least 30 days :)
    sidecar Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2009, 11:34 AM

I think 30days is too long to start again. Actually instead I have used this oppurtunity to try to quit smoking. I have been using the patch to help me transition back to not smoking. So far it is working.
    Also it was confirmed that I do have a dry socket unfortunately. The gauzes have helped big time.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:42 AM

That's great that some good is coming from this... Good luck with quitting!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Convert A15 intermediate socket to A19 standard socket [ 10 Answers ]

I need more light from my Hampton Bay ceiling fan light. It has the new A15 Intermediate base bulb and does not put out enough light. Is there a fluorescent bulb available for the Intermediate base socket? Is there an adapter available for the socket that would allow me to use a Standard size...

New 3 wire socket replacing two wire socket [ 5 Answers ]

We have a room that had a 2 wire socket, originally installed, and a three wire socket that was changed from a two wire socket by myself, called "Socket A". Recently an electrician installed two small fans in the same room and changed the 2 wire socket "Socket B" into a 3 wire socket. He did not...

No socket errors [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix no socket errors?

View more questions Search