Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abeino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Payroll Reporting
    An employee terminated in August of 2007. In 2008 we decided to expand a benefit to include clerical staff for partial reimbursement of tuition for spouses. The benefit is retroactive to 2005. In 2008, the employee received tuition reimbusement for a spouse retroactive to 2005 and 2006. Should the employee receive a 1099 Misc in 2008 or a corrected w2 for 2005 and 2006?

Thank you.
    cooch Posts: 38, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 7, 2009, 12:04 PM

You should send them a 1099 misc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ouickbooks payroll j/e, cash basis using a Payroll Co. [ 5 Answers ]

We use a payroll company to process our payroll. Each payroll they deduct the money for our taxes. If I enter the taxes as a payable, it messes up my books because the money is already deducted with the biweekly payroll. My quarterly reports did not match my QB files and I cannot figure out what...

Reporting probation in Ohio to Non reporting probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In June 2006 I was sentenced to 5 years probation in Ohio. In Ohio I could travel anywhere in the state without permission. I moved to Florida in September 2007. In Florida I cannot leave the county without permission. I asked my Florida PO about non-reporting probation. I was told that Florida has...

Reporting crime [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on reporting armed robbery? In SK some robberies were commited-probably about 25-30yrs ago, don't think anyone was ever hurt or harmed but a gun was used. Is this still reportable and what would likely happen to those who committed them? It was another lifetime...

Payroll and payroll taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I'm completing a project for a high school accounting class. I need to know how to journalize the payment of payroll. I also need to know how to journalize the payment of the payroll taxes.

View more questions Search