Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwarfedgiant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Dark, french(?) film probably late night on channel 4?
    Right, this one is going to be tough. As a kid, I remember stopping up late one night and watching this weird, dark film, I think on Channel 4. I also think it was a french film although not entirely sure. I can't remember much, but I seem to remember it being about some guy who found a note or a letter that told him to go to some address. He had to go down some alley to find this address and when approaching, another guys comes running out of the door and runs off. He goes in. I can't remember much else apart from this guys goes through alsorts of bizzarre rooms with odd stuff in them. He come across some life sized wooden puppets that look like the Punch and Judy puppets. I also seem to remember seeing one of these puppets running down the street outside. How and why it got there I don't know.

Does that ring a bell with anyone? Probably not! Odd eh? And before anyone asks, no I didn't dream it!

Thanks
    dwarfedgiant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 09:33 AM

... oh and by the way, I meant Ch4 in the UK. Not sure if this site is international or not.
    franknotes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 02:57 PM
    It sounds a bit like Jan Švankmajer's "Faust" (1994). I first saw it on TV too (probably Channel 4), I have the DVD now.
    franknotes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 02:58 PM

That's Svankmajer, it formatted the character wrong,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late night movie on a movie channel. [ 2 Answers ]

This was 12 years ago. I saw this movie in a hotel late at night, so it was probably HBO or something like that. The movie jumped from past to present with each character telling their vesion of the murder that occurred. I believe the main character was in jail telling his side to a reporter or...

Disney Channel Movie late 80s/early 90s [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering the name of a Disney Channel movie that would have aired sometime around Halloween when the Disney Channel used to do those halloween specials that were just an hour or so of cartoon clips. I only know that because we had taped it off the TV and it was on the same tape with the...

View more questions Search