Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Always grumpy and disrespectful only to me and my girls
    My son who is 15, can NOT stand answering me, talking to me, He has no patience for any one of us in this family (no dad, recently divorced) But that didn't happen over night. He's been like that since he was little. People used to say "he's a true gemini, ...ya, so where did genetics come in to play? you know split personality. He's good and kind and nice with everyone else outside this front door. The minute he comes in, he changes..Everyone pisses him off, he doesn't help around the house....he has a million excuses...my feet hurt, I'm tired, I have a headache. Before you know it, he in his room on his lap top. His says shut up to me if I say something that might piss him off, I'm stupid, he talk to me like he talks to his friends at school "ghetto" talk. No respect not to me or his older sister...He called her a slut (she is not...far from that). He's lazy. I feel he controls me and does it for a reaction (I don't give him one) . He hates every one here, he thinks he's God around here and doesn't want to do anything..BUT when he wants to talk about something that interests him, or needs something, what an angel he becomes. I listen and try to get involved in his ideas (but only a couple of word answers) if I talk too much he gets impatient and gets nasty again. He has 0 patients for any one telling him anything or talking one on one...when he acts nice, I tell him how much I love the ways he is talking to me. His answer ya, what ever. When I raise my voice to try to send him to his room his answer is "I'm not going, make me. He gets in my face and bullies me. I told him if he doesn't change, he can go and live with his father, his answer "I'm not going to go , you can't make me" He does not care about any divorced figure's "they are all stupid"
    Homework... well he does do it but complains about every subject. The teachers are all stupid and why do I have to learn any of this crap (saying it in a nicer word), I'll never use it. Where did I lose this kid.. Don't tell me all teenagers have hormonal problems and act like this... I won't believe that disrespect comes with it... My 17 year old daughter didn't give me any grief... so he's making up for 2... help... any advice to deal with him... Bootcamp?
    R-J-S-InLove Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2009, 09:04 AM

Maybe he's just taking you lot for granted...

Also with him being the only male in the house maybe he thinks he's superior to all...

Does he have any problem or any issue about something, he might just be trying to release his anger and frustration on you
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 02:37 PM

I don't mean to sound harsh, but usually these issues lead back to the parent. The next time he does something disrespectful, give him a strict punishment that shows him you are the boss.
    Here is one you could try that has worked on me: Tell him that his laptop time is limited to 2 hours for the next day or something. When he says "Ya, whatever" take it. Not the laptop, but his charger. He can be on it all he wants until it runs out. He only got 2 hours for the day before, and for not respecting your limits he gets 0 the next day. However, the most important thing would be to REWARD his good behaivor. If he doesn't give you grief about doing his chores, give him his charger back for a day.

No, not all teenagers become this disrespectful, but most are in some way or another.
    Keeping strict guidelines about him may seem harsh, but it is your responsibility as a parent to do what needs to be done to make him a better child.

As RJS pointed out, it may also be a male thing. A teenage boy growing up in a house full of females can be tough, so make sure you take the time to show him you realize he is growing up, and he needs to become a functioning member of society as well as a man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat has got really grumpy [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I wold really like some help on this one I have a 5 year old tabby who is a house cat she has never been dressed but has had all her shots . 3 weeks ago she got out... And never came back for 24 hours in the last week she has been sooo crabbit with our older cat even if he is at the other end...

The grumpy landlord [ 3 Answers ]

If you are renting say a trailer in a trailer park and you have friends come over to visit does the landlord have the right to kick the visitor out of the park and ban him from returning to visit someone that lives in the park just because he feels like it

Am I getting old and grumpy! [ 8 Answers ]

Why do most things seem to really get to me! I hate all new music, doesn't seem to be any thought or creativity behind any new songs at all, whatever the genre. Except for Nightworker Revival, Lovelust, Brian Jonestown Massacre to name a few. Where are the Bob Dylans and Lou Reeds of the modern...

My grumpy dog. [ 3 Answers ]

Lately my dog had constantly been very grumpy and mean to everyone. He was never like that before:eek: .he used to be so nice. (I don't know if this might do with it, but he's a jacck russel- border chollie.) what could be wrong with him?

Grumpy dog at bedtime [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 year old desexed male Collie cross called Mitch who is generally a great dog. He's great company, obedient, smartest dog I have ever owned or met face to face and a very much loved member of our family. The only dramas we have ever had with hiim is that he barks a little too...

View more questions Search